Julian welch

mnsportsgeek

Reaction score
What is up with this kid? He has been such an asset to this team all year but in the clutch he is nowhere to be found. I love that he is on our team and I think he makes our backcourt all the more better. However, what in the world was he thinking on our 2nd to last possession when he drives the lane, steps out, and puts up some ridiciulous fade away jump shot with a hand in his face and ...wait for it...10 SECONDS left on the shot clock! We were only down two at the time. I still can't make sense of that possession for the life of me. As a junior, his decision making has to be better.

O well, on to Nebraska.

What is up with this kid? He has been such an asset to this team all year but in the clutch he is nowhere to be found. I love that he is on our team and I think he makes our backcourt all the more better.

[ReactionaryTake]Bench him and give his minutes to Dre. Their play is going in the opposite direction and Dre has tons more upside.[/ReactionaryTake]

He really should be playing the #2 spot. Dre, because of injuries and being a freshman, isn't really ready to handle the point. Maverick did all right at the point against lesser opposition, ) pre-season) but now is getting eaten alive at the point.

Welch again hit key three-point shots when needed & got rebounds the '4 & 5' couldn't. Bad turnovers early on, but he did a lot of good things.

Welch again hit key three-point shots when needed & got rebounds the '4 & 5' couldn't. Bad turnovers early on, but he did a lot of good things.

True. He's a frustrating player because I consider him the smart, elder-statesman, but he makes some really dumb plays. His TOs in the first half were beyond brutal. And, worse yet, it was contagious. He needs to take better care of the ball and he will be ok. His stat line (notwithstanding TOs) is actually quite good.

As an aside, if this team needs to make 50% of its threes to beat teams like Iowa, well, good luck with that.

<thead>
<th style="text-align:left;">
</th><th width="5%">
</th><th nowrap="nowrap" width="7%">
</th><th width="7%">
</th><th width="7%">
</th><th width="6%">
</th><th width="6%">
</th><th width="6%">
</th><th width="6%">
</th><th width="6%">
</th><th width="6%">
</th><th width="6%">
</th><th width="6%">
</th>
</thead>

Ya all know how to do it. Then get your own asses out there and do it!!!!

Sit on the sidelines, bitch and moan, but do nothing. Typical.

He's made some clutch shots (not so much clutch free-throws) but the turnovers are way too frequent for a supposed 'veteran' point guard.

Weak. And I like you, Doc. Have a brew on me.

He's made some clutch shots (not so much clutch free-throws) but the turnovers are way too frequent for a supposed 'veteran' point guard.

Probably because he isn't a point guard. That's the biggest issue the last few years-no real point guard. With a team full of bad passers, we really need at least one guy who can.

Right - lots of good things...just like the great defense he played on the in bounds play late in the game, just fouling Gatens and giving iowa 2 points. Anytime the point guard turns the ball over as much as he did last night, it was a bad game.

Probably because he isn't a point guard. That's the biggest issue the last few years-no real point guard. With a team full of bad passers, we really need at least one guy who can.

+19

What does that even mean? I expect him to get a few boards if he is out there. Only the 4s and 5s should rebound??? What???

What is up with this kid? He has been such an asset to this team all year but in the clutch he is nowhere to be found. I love that he is on our team and I think he makes our backcourt all the more better. However, what in the world was he thinking on our 2nd to last possession when he drives the lane, steps out, and puts up some ridiciulous fade away jump shot with a hand in his face and ...wait for it...10 SECONDS left on the shot clock! We were only down two at the time. I still can't make sense of that possession for the life of me. As a junior, his decision making has to be better.

O well, on to Nebraska.

It was a pretty good shot, plus it gave us a 2 for 1. Only problem is that we didn't stop them.

What does that even mean? I expect him to get a few boards if he is out there. Only the 4s and 5s should rebound??? What???
I think what he is saying is that he was getting more rebounds than Ralph and Rodney.

Well, this is after all a Forum. Let's call it a discussion.:cool:

He's politely ripping Ralph and Rodney for combining for FOUR (4) rebounds last night. You can blame last night on whatever you like, but when our two starting big men pull down a total of 4 rebounds and we give up 16ish offensive boards against a smaller team, we're not going to win many games.

True we don't get out there and do it. But we also aren't asking people to buy tickets to watch us and fund our education.

He's politely ripping Ralph and Rodney for combining for FOUR (4) rebounds last night. You can blame last night on whatever you like, but when our two starting big men pull down a total of 4 rebounds and we give up 16ish offensive boards against a smaller team, we're not going to win many games.

right, I just don't think "one" means "the other."

Top Bottom