Calling repeat of last year

Pewterschmidt

Reaction score
Please tell me if I'm wrong but I see this team with no confidence losing Sunday to Nebraska and they take that negative energy into an incredibly difficult stretch at home. Rip me if you want but I called last year and I see a similar collapse where they are thankful to make the NIT.

Unprepared teams can look ugly when the tough games are at home and upsets abound on the road. At the end of the year we'll be lucky to beat Nebraska at home.

Did another player get hurt or leave that all of a sudden we are a different team now? Did Al get hurt again?

Just gotta beat Nebraska and Wisconsin at home. Win at NW. Beat Indiana and nebraska at home and they are 9-9.

This game sucked, no doubt about it, but it ain't over.

Ridiculous. It's one loss. An ugly painful one. But that's all.

Saying this team is much more likely to "sweat" out the NIT than the NCAA tourney. I'd be shocked if they rebound because they're just not good

I call they beat Nebraska and Wisconsin. Frustrating loss, but no need to overreact and call the season off.

"it's just one loss" is what we said last year as we lost 10 straight.

Good teams can survive a tough stretch at home and this stretch coming up is tough. Don't see it from this team

LAgopher said:
"it's just one loss" is what we said last year as we lost 10 straight.

Wolves lost tonight too, sure hope they cut love and Rubio. I mean the only logical thing that follows a loss is 30 more losses.

Wolves lost tonight too, sure hope they cut love and Rubio. I mean the only logical thing that follows a loss is 30 more losses.

Yep I said we should cut our best players because we lost and that we will lose 30 in a row. Actually I meant we lost to an awful team on the road and if we play like this we may not win anymore.

Since tubby signed D3 Mav to a scholly and played him regularly

It's one loss. One less doesn't equal 10 losses. Is that hard to understand?

When you have a committee judging whether you are good enough to be in the tournament a loss like this twice to Iowa is like 10 losses. This is not the NBA where you are in by record alone. Perception plays a large role and Iowa's resume is AWFUL

This team isn't consistent enough to lose like the end of last year.

When you have a committee judging whether you are good enough to be in the tournament a loss like this twice to Iowa is like 10 losses. This is not the NBA where you are in by record alone. Perception plays a large role and Iowa's resume is AWFUL
+ 1 million

Iowa lost to Campbell at home and to Northern Iowa by 20 on the road. Rationalize all you want but losing to them twice is pathetic and merits an NIT bid alone.

You're right. We should just forfeit the rest of the schedule.

My point is after last year people have a right to be skeptical about this team down the stretch. Never said forfeit the season or that we are guaranteed to lose 30 straight just that after what happened down the stretch last year it is possible that this team could have a hard time getting many more wins

This team might be underdogs now in all but 2 remaining games. That's the perception and that's the reality of the schedule

LAgopher said:
My point is after last year people have a right to be skeptical about this team down the stretch. Never said forfeit the season or that we are guaranteed to lose 30 straight just that after what happened down the stretch last year it is possible that this team could have a hard time getting many more wins

Not even close to the same, last year: al nolen gets hurt, devoe Joseph transfers and we lost 10 straight.

What changed with this years team all of a sudden that we go from 4-6 to now losing 10 straight? It's still the same team that won at Indiana, beat Illinois at home, demolished PSU, and killed northwestern. Right? They have had some bad losses too, no doubt, but I see no reason a loss is way more likely than wins going forward.

Iowa lost to Campbell at home and to Northern Iowa by 20 on the road. Rationalize all you want but losing to them twice is pathetic and merits an NIT bid alone.

And beat Michigan at home, Wisconsin on the road. Bad loss, but hardly the end of the world.

When you are up 5 with 2 and half minutes left tailer your game to defense, Sampson and Andre Hollins are liabilities on defense, you need to get them out of the game. If you are behind I can see them being in the game but not when you are up.

And beat Michigan at home, Wisconsin on the road. Bad loss, but hardly the end of the world.

It is when it's your second such loss. Gophers going to go 5-3 down the stretch to finish .500? This team can't have such bad losses because it's extremely unlikely to get equally impressive wins.

Not even close to the same, last year: al nolen gets hurt, devoe Joseph transfers and we lost 10 straight.

What changed with this years team all of a sudden that we go from 4-6 to now losing 10 straight? It's still the same team that won at Indiana, beat Illinois at home, demolished PSU, and killed
northwestern. Right? They have had some bad losses too, no doubt, but I see no reason a loss is way more likely than wins going forward.

Fair enough...I never meant to say we would for sure lose 10 straight just trying to point out that I think people have a right to be mad about tonight and concerned about the rest of the season. Loss tonight is moot if the find a way to win at Neb and beat Bucky at home but it won't happen if they play like they did the last 3 min tonight.

Top Bottom