Official Game Thread: Iowa Squawks 2/1

CrocShots

Not Minnesota Nice
Reaction score
Have at it. Let's not get caught in a trap again.

I need a working stream fast! wiziwig isnt havin it tonite!!!

Not one of these starts again. Grrr. This isn't one of those "must" wins and it's super early, but I really don't want the Gophers to get swept by Iowa. That would be embarrassing for the entire state.

This will certainly be my secondary game with the pups playing. Gophers sometimes look like they honestly suck.

Just turned it on and am wondering who the heck do we have on the floor!!!

wtf.

3 points, one FG and 1-3 from the line in 8 minutes. Worst stretch of the season.

I have no words to describe how frustrating this team is to watch. they are putting the amateur in amateur athletics

This is saying something but this is so far the most pathetic attempt on the offense end I've ever seen. This Iowa team just gave up Triple digits the last game and every shot except Austin's last one hasn't even been close.

Iowa is playing like crap and we're down by 10 early. OMG

I see tubby has the boys ready to play tonight! Also how many losses by the Hoosiers till that game is no longer a quality win?

Lots of turnovers, bad shots, and shots that are mostly brinks or borderline air balls. Wow we suck right now

Pass, catch, hold, look, pause, blink, consider, lob. Compare that with Michigan and Indiana -- two teams with zippy passing offenses and team play.

That's a little more like it. For all my griping about RS3, he's blocking shots, scoring, and picking up his teammates.

This is somewhat of a turning point evening for Minnesota. Indiana is going to be booted from the top 25 with its loss to Michigan tonight and the Goofy Gophers have showed up against Iowa. The win against the Hoosiers will most likely not be counted as a quality win by the end of the season and Minnesota will fall to a couple games under .500 in the league if they continue to play like this.

Not watching the game, but from the radio sounds like Ralph really showed up today. Good to hear.

These announcers are a riot - I just learned something new - Iowa runs the ball better than any other team in the BT!

Leading the conference in blocked shots is like leading the Majors in triple plays. You get the opportunity to execute a triple play when you let a lot of guys get on base with no outs. Blocked shots come because your defense let the offense inside.

Leading the conference in blocked shots is like leading the Majors in triple plays. You get the opportunity to execute a triple play when you let a lot of guys get on base with no outs. Blocked shots come because your defense let the offense inside.

Hmm. Not quite. Though I agree a little. I'd rather lead the league in any other "meaningful" stat. I mean, what team is carried by a great shot-blocking group? You can be carried by rebounding, scoring and assists, but not blocks.

Hmm. Not quite. Though I agree a little. I'd rather lead the league in any other "meaningful" stat. I mean, what team is carried by a great shot-blocking group? You can be carried by rebounding, scoring and assists, but not blocks.

I see I failed to make my point.

I wish we could bench Oto, Welch, Coleman, and Mav for total lack of concentration. All four couldn't play worse than they did in the first half.

Let's hope Dre feeds off of his successful 3 before half and can lead and play the point in the 2nd half. Pretty please, no more sloppiness!

I wish we could bench Oto, Welch, Coleman, and Mav for total lack of concentration. All four couldn't play worse than they did in the first half.
I'd like to retain Welch's 6 points please.

Don't understand (but happy) that Iowa stopped pressing. It was destroying the Gophers.

Iowa is passing up wide open outside shots and taking contested shots inside. I think along with turn-overs, this cost them a big lead.

You can tell Rodney's been working on his shot. He is shooting 0.407 for the year from 3 pt range (11-27) and is our 2nd best shooter behind Julian Welch at 0.421 (24-57). The last two years Rodney shot 0.213 and 0.286.

Good game to be playing ugly and still winning. This Iowa team is horrible!

Top Bottom