Tubby National Coach of the Year if Gophs make Tourney?

zambam

Reaction score
One of the guys on BTN mentioned this. I would disagree. You guys?

Getting National Coach of the Year for just simply making it there might be a stretch, although I do agree it would be an impressive accomplishment given the circumstances. If they do some damage in the tournament then he might have a stronger case. If he happens to get it though you won't see me complaining. The media attention would be nice for recruiting.

Ya if they get a couple wins in the tourney, then I would be all for it, but I don't think just making it would warrant the award.

Ya if they get a couple wins in the tourney, then I would be all for it, but I don't think just making it would warrant the award.
I think making the NCAA tournament would get Tubby in the conversation. Not many coaches lose their best player and then proceed to make the ncaa tournament. I think it could make him Big Ten Coach of the Year, I suspect though that's going to Tom Crean with Indiana's rebound from the bottom of the Big Ten. It's not over yet though, Minnesota could still win 10 games in the Big Ten, which would put them in the ncaa tournament and possibly the top 25.

zambam said:

Exactly. I think a run to the elite 8 could do it though.

Have to go further then just making the tourney for that.

Wow! That has to be a joke right? We might get to .500 in the conference and that is enough to win Coach of the Year? Insane.

Definitely not National Coach of the Year but he'd get my vote for B1G coach of the year!

Definitely not National Coach of the Year but he'd get my vote for B1G coach of the year!

You are kidding right? Tubby and co. have choked away four games already in conference play. Maybe a pity vote at best.

Yes, this thread has to be a joke right? One unexpected win at Indiana and all of sudden University Ave is going to be name "Tubby Terrace".

W @ Indiana - nice but IU is slipping fast
W @ PSU - winning on the road not easy but they were favored
W vs. N'western - home game vs. inferior team
W vs. Illinois - home game vs. NCAA team in which they were favored. In year 5 this should be expected, not celebrated like a Final 4 run.

Absolutely hilarious thread :clap:

I think making the NCAA tournament would get Tubby in the conversation. Not many coaches lose their best player and then proceed to make the ncaa tournament. I think it could make him Big Ten Coach of the Year, I suspect though that's going to Tom Crean with Indiana's rebound from the bottom of the Big Ten. It's not over yet though, Minnesota could still win 10 games in the Big Ten, which would put them in the ncaa tournament and possibly the top 25.

Bet MSU will be there with or without Green.

Why is the thread a joke? I heard a guy say this, I said in my first post I disagree. The guy who said it is a joke.

Why is the thread a joke? I heard a guy say this, I said in my first post I disagree. The guy who said it is a joke.

Just take the feedback to mean that everyone agrees with your disagreement.

Wasn't aiming my disagreeing at you at all. Just thought it was crazy talk. Boy, you Nordic types are sensitive!:)

For the remainder of this season, I would settle for a couple "National Coach of the Night" awards. That requires winning a couple games that we have no business winning. OSU & MSU come to mind, and I'd throw winning @ Wisconsin into that mix, too. That's what we're gonna' need if we want the Selection Committee to take us seriously.

For the remainder of this season, I would settle for a couple "National Coach of the Night" awards. That requires winning a couple games that we have no business winning. OSU & MSU come to mind, and I'd throw winning @ Wisconsin into that mix, too. That's what we're gonna' need if we want the Selection Committee to take us seriously.

No doubt on this. And no doubt in my mind this team is capable of getting those types of wins (maybe not OSU, but who knows). We just saw the youth on this squad rear it's ugly head once again at a terrible time. Right now, that loss at home to Iowa is looking like a big ol black eye on the resume. We have to cancel that out with something, and by something, I mean a win against OSU lol.

Top Bottom