Elliot Eliason may miss Iowa game

Oto at the 5? That's going to get ugly....

Hopefully Ralph eats his wheaties and can give us 38 minutes.

Hopefully Ralph eats his wheaties and can give us 38 minutes.
Or Rodney and Tubby presses with Oto playing the 4 and Rodney the 5. Well I guess here it doesn't matter who is the 4 or the 5.

We'd definitely miss him, but it's not like Iowa has a true 5. Oto can back up Ralph and play the 5 against a team like Iowa.

Rebounding would take another hit without EE. Hopefully he can give 10-15 minutes.

Iowa is tiny and loves to run. If we need him out for a game this is it.

Iowa (Fran) likes to run - although Indiana beat them at their own game. I hope EE can play but it may not be bad to go small. Ralph will have to play a lot of minutes and play well. If we do not have an inside presence they may slow it down and try to feed Basabe (he had a big game last year at the Barn IIRC).

Basabe is 6'7'' and skinny. Oto is big enough to defend him, and having another shooter out there isn't a bad thing if they go zone (which they have to, right?)

I thought Ingram looked good on the D end vs MSU. Maybe he can give 10 tough minutes.

Winnipegopher said:
I thought Ingram looked good on the D end vs MSU. Maybe he can give 10 tough minutes.

He is questionable to with that hip issue.

Too bad. This is the kind of game where we could run with a smaller line up....however, this is the type of team that Trevor would have dominated.....with Trevor gone and Elliot possibly sitting....really need Ralph to step up. I have a feeling Ralph will come out and have a great game.

Elliot played 6 minutes in the last Iowa game, and it wasn't pretty.

Ralph SHOULD play well, but you know how that goes.

I could see us playing a descent amount of zone in a small lineup.

My only concern is the fact that Ralph hasn't done much against Iowa over his career. It's not like they've had a dominant big man in the past to shut him down.

I'm guessing he really hurt it in the last moments of this vid, Grammatica style:

Sounds as if it isn't a high sprain which usually means 3-4 weeks.

Practice facility?

They should use that money and invest in some ankle braces.. How many sprained ankles have there been this year?

Sounds as if it isn't a high sprain which usually means 3-4 weeks.

Wow, 3-4 weeks...they'd feel that. EE's really been developing nicely. I think of him as one of our better players heading down the stretch. With Ralph struggling, I'm hoping to see EE earn more minutes. Hopefully it's not that serious.

Iowa doesnt have a big center but they are tall and heavy at most positions pg, sg, .

Iowa is tiny and loves to run. If we need him out for a game this is it.

Iowa can be beat by strong post scoring or by outquicking them. They are fundamentally sound. Gatens is a good shooter. White is a future star. Masabe is in a huge sophmore slump after having a suberb first season.

pg marble 6'6" 194
sg gatens 6'5" 212
sf may 6'5" 217
pf white 6'8" 225
c masabe 6'7" 225/mcCabe 6'7" 232

It's hard to press a team with this kind of height at the guard spots. If you have a center who can post and take it strong there are points to be had in the middle.

Think Iowa is going to play zone a lot of the game? It's has me worried. Looking at the boxscore from the first game Coleman only had 9 minutes, a person would suspect he'll being getting more tonight. Ralph turned it over 6 times and logged 34 minutes with Elliot getting 6 minutes. http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=320040135 Man this is a huge game.

oops lets make that Basabe not Masabe.

Or Wasabi?

Anyway, big time game tonight. These are games that can knock you right off that bubble. Not a lot to gain besides a W (which is obviously very important) from winning it, but a whole lot to lose by losing it IMO.

I feel confident our guards will play better than they did in the matchup at the Barn and it's interesting to note how many guys who have made impact recently didn't play a ton of minutes in that first matchup (Chip, Eliason, Coleman, Dre), and Oto didn't play at all.

I hope Eliason is good to go, or that this is a short stint away. We're gonna need his physicality and just plain size going forward.

Eliason should have played more if only for the fact of his size and rebounding. Ralph and Rodney with 3 rebounds total!

He probably wishes he had missed it.

Quite the disappointment.

Top Bottom