Watching How It All Unfolds for 5 Teams

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
One thing I'm finding fascinating to watch unfold this 2011-12 college hoops season? How many of these 5 entities will make the NCAA Tournament?

1. Dan Monson's Long Beach State squad (if they beat Creighton in BracketBusters they're pretty much a lock as an at-large, barring a meltdown late in the Big West regular season).

2. The Gophers.

3. Royce White and Iowa State.

4. Justin Cobbs and Cal.

5. Devoe Joseph and Oregon.

As of today, I'd say #3 and #4 are the most likely to happen, followed by #1, then #2, and lastly #5. Projecting ahead, I'd guess 3 of these 5 will hear their names called on Selection Sunday. ... it's a crapshoot which ones.

One thing I'm finding fascinating to watch unfold this 2011-12 college hoops season? How many of these 5 entities will make the NCAA Tournament?

1. Dan Monson's Long Beach State squad (if they beat Creighton in BracketBusters they're pretty much a lock as an at-large, barring a meltdown late in the Big West regular season).

2. The Gophers.

3. Royce White and Iowa State.

4. Justin Cobbs and Cal.

5. Devoe Joseph and Oregon.

As of today, I'd say #3 and #4 are the most likely to happen, followed by #1, then #2, and lastly #5. Projecting ahead, I'd guess 3 of these 5 will hear their names called on Selection Sunday. ... it's a crapshoot which ones.

I agree,

I think the Pac-10 gets 2 in, with Cal being one and Washington the other.

Oregon kind of hit the crapper losing to Oregon State. I would have to think they are a longshot.

If Iowa State wins the games they should win and have at least one more upset of the big 3 they should get in.

Dan looks good to go, I think they win the Big West Tournament this year though.

The Gophers, who the he$$ knows. They seem to have a new team on the court each week, crunch time though, it should be fun.

Touche.

If Iowa State wins tonight (K-State) to pick up another good win, the Cyclones would have to implode to miss the tournament. With their signature win over Kansas, 10-8 in the Big 12 should be more than enough to get them in.

Definitely like Monson's chances, and I agree that they'll take any mystery out of it by winning the Big West tourney. Beating Creighton on the road certainly would seal the at-large deal. Pitt (3 straight wins) is bouncing back since Trevon Woodall returned, so that's helping LBSU, too.

Cal's the only Pac 12 team I can see getting an at-large, so if it wins the Pac 12 tourney it's possibly a 1-bid league. More likely scenario, like you said, is Pac will end up with 2.

Personally, I just don't trust the Pac 12. Anything can happen, but that league has been so topsy-turvy this year...I'm not sure anyone will attain lock status until the end.

Iowa State, Monson and the Gophers are all looking good, on their present course.

Top Bottom