Next 4 home games

ilovethebarn

Reaction score
Looking at the home schedule we have some golden opportunities to pick up some huge signature wins for the tournament resume.

Wisconsin
Ohio State
Michigan State
Indiana

Is it realistic to think winning 3 of 4 is a possibility here? Even going 2-2 would be good. Any loss would not be a "bad" loss IMO. The only true road test we have left is Wisconsin. The last 9 games are shaping up to be a lot of fun. The Barn should be rocking for every game here on out.

This could be the most fun end of a season in the barn since 1997 depending on how things shake out.

I wouldn't put to much emphasis on the OSU or MSU games, could happen with a break out day but I doubt it, Indiana and Wisconsin are two that I think need to be wins. Win at Iowa and win those two games and the the gophers should be in.

If the Gophers win any 2 of those 4, they would have to blow it (win 2 or less of the remaining 5 games) to not make the NCAA tourney.

We can beat Sparty at home. We always play them tough at home (seems like we lead most of the game), but never finish. Maybe this is the year we finish one? OSU's the only game remaining on our schedule that I can't see it happening.

Tougher games at home, easier games on the road. That's a recipe to either cement our status as an NCAA tourney team or completely fall off the ledge like we did last year. I don't think there will be a middle ground. We'll either prove that we can beat teams we're better than on the road and pull off a couple of wins at home against ranked teams or we'll prove that winning on the road anywhere is never easy and we lose momentum heading into the tougher games at home and finish the 2nd half of our BT schedule winning only 1 or 2 games.

I think it would be much more predictable if we had our easier games at home and the tougher games on the road.

Tougher games at home, easier games on the road. That's a recipe to either cement our status as an NCAA tourney team or completely fall off the ledge like we did last year. I don't think there will be a middle ground. We'll either prove that we can beat teams we're better than on the road and pull off a couple of wins at home against ranked teams or we'll prove that winning on the road anywhere is never easy and we lose momentum heading into the tougher games at home and finish the 2nd half of our BT schedule winning only 1 or 2 games.

I think it would be much more predictable if we had our easier games at home and the tougher games on the road.

Good point. I always say that if your goal is to be good, you would rather have the tough opponents at home and the weak opponents on the road, and if your goal is to not be bad, you want it the other way around. We are set up for success, but it could also get ugly.

I like our chances against the skunks and Indiana. For the other two they'' be battles, and until we start controlling the glass better and getting more physical, they will be tough to win. I would expect to see EE a bunch against MSU and OSU.

We have played better on the road than home so far...we need 5 wins...don't care where or how or who...9-9 gets us in.

Top Bottom