California and Cobbs on FSN now

Mulligan

Reaction score
Not sure of how he's done but FSN just switched to Stanford playing Cal. About 9 minutes left.

Small sample size and he had 13 points but I doubt we'll be going "if only" with Justin. Looked a lot like Welch. Wasn't the point guard.

I dunno, he is second in the PAC 10 in assists and second in assists to turnover ratio. Sounds like a PG to me.

He is also first in three point shooting although he doesn't take a ton of threes.

I haven't seen him play but his stats as a sophomore sure look like an "if only" to me.

Winnipegopher said:
I dunno, he is second in the PAC 10 in assists and second in assists to turnover ratio. Sounds like a PG to me.

He is also first in three point shooting although he doesn't take a ton of threes.

I haven't seen him play but his stats as a sophomore sure look like an "if only" to me.

He doesn't bring the ball up, that's why many say he's not the PG.

the style of play in the PAC 12 is so different than the big 10. Guys driving when the entire "defense" is in the lane and turning it over. No wonder Cobbs didn't like tubby, he'd have benched him 17 times for some of the plays Cal and Stanford made.

Take success in the Pac-12 with a grain of salt. Not trying to downplay Cobbs' or Joseph's success but that conference is pretty bad. I think Ohio St. alone has more top 50 RPI wins than the entire Pac-12 conference. Last I checked, I don't think the conference has a win over a current Top 25 team. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Take success in the Pac-12 with a grain of salt. Not trying to downplay Cobbs' or Joseph's success but that conference is pretty bad. I think Ohio St. alone has more top 50 RPI wins than the entire Pac-12 conference. Last I checked, I don't think the conference has a win over a current Top 25 team. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

By my count, the Pac-12 is 0-12 against ranked opponents this year. There were a few close calls, however: Stanford played 'Cuse tough on a neutral court, but lost by 6. Washington played Marquette and Duke tough at the Garden (I believe), but lost by 2 and 6, respectively. Arizona lost by 6 in OT at Florida.

Conference-leading Cal (17-5, 7-2) lost to Mizzou on a neutral court by 39 earlier in the year. No Pac-12 team has any votes in either of last week's polls.

One better, Gophers have 3 top 50 RPI wins. The Pac12 has 3 top 50 RPI wins.

Top Bottom