Lady Gophers leading #9 Ohio St at halftime.

Looking good for the gophers. Rachel banham is really really good.

On fire right now. Pretty impressive how they are keeping the pedal down.

The energy of the crowd from the men's game has carried over. Sounds pretty good in there.

Nice win for the Gopher.

I haven't watched a lot of Ohio State women's basketball, but my assessment based on this game. Ohio State: Not very balanced.

Considering the criticism she has received here, somebody has to say that Kiara Buford had a hell of a game today. Better than Banham.

VERY IMPRESSIVE game by the gals. Laid a slappin' on a really good team. Very strong with the ball and poised around the basket and in the clutch. Looked legit; it's hard to fathom how inconsistent they've been. This is a team that, on any given day, can knock anyone down.

Not that she doesn't deserve criticism, but always surprising how quick the nastiness surfaces about Borton by folks who have never seen a Gopher women's game and don't have a clue about the team after a game like Wisconsin. Then after a game like this, jerks like Art are nowhere around. Although that's pretty common with football and with Tubby come to think of it.

Ya, it was a fun game. Lots of people contributed to the victory. Any time you can beat Ohio State it's satisfying, especially when they have a player as unlikable as Prahalis is and a coach like Foster. Very few students at women's games, but it would really be fun to have a student section concentrate on Sammy during a game. Pretty sure they could push her over the edge and get her to do something stupid.

And yes, Bad Gopher, the inconsistency of Borton's teams over the last 3 or 4 years is amazing. And it's not just from game to game. It's often from half to half.

Any time you can beat Ohio State it's satisfying, especially when they have a player as unlikable as Prahalis is and a coach like Foster.

I wasn't able to watch the game, but I think I remember hearing something about this player in the past. What type of player is she? I love to hate hate-able players.

I wasn't able to watch the game, but I think I remember hearing something about this player in the past. What type of player is she? I love to hate hate-able players.

You'd hate this one. A good little guard who can handle the ball and can get hot shooting. Very competitive and there's no doubt when she's upset. We'd love her if she were ours, but "spoiled brat" comes to mind. Saw a claim where she flipped off Gopher parents as she left the court yesterday. Pretty believable.

I have no love for Ohio State but, seriously, Sam Prahalis is terrific. I love watching her. She plays hard, she plays very smart, very quick, great offensive skills, so what if she wears her emotions on her sleeve. I wish we had somebody who would flip off some Ohio State parents in Columbus.

It took 3 Gophers to do what Prahalis does. Banham and Buford shared the ball-handling, Sari Noga defended Prahalis most of the way, and go taken to the woodshed. Prahalis was too quick for her. She really took one for the team, but obviously the strategy was to let Prahalis run but shut down Tayler Hill. It's very much to Borton's credit that she got all of those pieces in the right place.

I don't know how the NCAA tournament shakes out for the women. Does this team have a shot with an at-large bid if they finish strong in conference, or is their only hope to win the conference tourney?

Short of sweeping the regular season, gotta win the tournament. I mean they're 11-10.

Riche's hair is worth at least 2 wins. It's that awesome.

Top Bottom