From Myron (everyone's favorite)

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...a-state-royce-white-battle-college-basketball

I thought this deserved its own thread instead of the jumbled mess that is the Royce White thread.

I missed this earlier today - knew he was working on it, but hadn't seen it. Thank you for posting. Probably the best story I've seen on Royce, Myron did a great job. I love that he talks about his anxiety, mosot athletes won't talk about it, and it goes untreated and gets worse in worse.

As much as I'd love him to play for the Gophers, I'm so glad he worked through his issues. So many were so willing to label him this horrible kid, and he never was. He was/is a kid that truly means well, made mistakes, and had mental issues that were never talked about publicly until now.

I hope it gets to the point where athletes are comfortable talking about mental health issues, so many suffer from it, but it's so taboo, not only for athletes, but for people.

I believe this had already been posted in the Royce White thread. But ya, deserves it's own thread I think. Great article IMO

I'm not saying he is bad kid, lots of folks vouch for him. But how does Anxiety cause one to steal and get in fights? I work with lots of folks dealing with mental illness and really see that problem magnified. Anxiety is a tough thing, but don't see the correlation to his poor behaviour. I wish he would just own up to his mistakes himself, he himself made poor decisions. Lots of folks in this world have his problems without stealing and cheating.

That said, I think his problem was lack of maturity and he seems to be maturing. I know he had a tough upbringing but fact is, ALOT of college athletes have that same problem. Sometimes ownership over your problems builds more character..no scratch that, all the time. Anyway, I wish Royce the best and hope he succeeds. Too bad he did no get things straight earlier..would have been fun to watch him at the barn.

Top Bottom