PiPress: Is Rodney Williams starting to feel the draft?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Some interesting quotes:

"I believe he'll wait to see how the season ends," said Williams' father, Rodney Sr., "to see how much he progressed."

"When he finally realizes that he is the go-to guy, and when he starts taking over games (on offense and defense), that's when I think he'll be ready," Rodney Sr. said. That's what he's missing. If he starts doing that by the end of the season, then I could see him leaving this year."

"When he hit those first couple of threes," Izzo said, "(I thought) they've done such a great job with him."

Nobody's questioning if Williams can be a productive college player anymore. But leaving early?

"He still has a lot of room for improvement," Big Ten Network analyst and former Ohio State and NBA player Jim Jackson said. "Why settle on being a second-round pick when you might be able to have the talent to go higher if you stick around."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_19837910

Go Gophers!!

until he develops to the ability to create and make his own shot on a consistent basis he should stay.

At this point in time(college) he is much better playing the 4.

No way he plays the 4 in the NBA.

Needs to substantially develop his perimeter skills before he will play in NBA.

As far as overseas, I couldn't say.

until he develops to the ability to create and make his own shot on a consistent basis he should stay.

The draft is going to be very deep this summer. I don't think it matters how well he closes out the year, he's a second round pick at best in this upcoming draft.

Top Bottom