Borton

Reaction score
Lose to a terrible Wisconsin team. They've not beat Wisconsin since 2008. How long does this Queen get a free ride? Anybody attend the game?

She is still employed for the same reason Sid Hartman and C.J. are still employed by the STrib.

This was a bad loss even among bad losses. New AD, when he gets settled, has got to be able to count up the lost revenues going from 10,000 fans to 2,000.

Lose to a terrible Wisconsin team. They've not beat Wisconsin since 2008. How long does this Queen get a free ride? Anybody attend the game?

unfortunately, she is only allowed to stay around because she is part of what some consider to be a "protected" class. p.c. types in administration won't touch her even though her results on the court suggest otherwise. said another way, she really enjoys female softball.

I guess I also question why is she still playing in Williams Arena? I can understand playing there during the Whalen years. Now those girls are playing in front of 12,000 empty seats. Why not move her back to the 5,500 sports arena? At least they would play in front of a 3/4 full house.

unfortunately, she is only allowed to stay around because she is part of what some consider to be a "protected" class. p.c. types in administration won't touch her even though her results on the court suggest otherwise. said another way, she really enjoys female softball.

Exactly. Just like Sid and C.J.

I was at the game, I play trombone in the pep band. I don't pay attention to women's ball like I do to men's, but a victory over Wisconsin in anything is always nice regardless of how good they are. I was disappointed to see them lose, I had no idea of the magnitude of the loss or if it was expected, or a big upset for Wisconsin. Am I correct in saying our women's team is about average or a little below?

The game at Nebraska was like a Chinese fire drill. Everybody did there own thing with no concept on how to attack a pressure defense. I feel bad for Banham, she seems to be the only one who can
comprehend the game of basketball. I had 3 daughters who played at various levels and I enjoy watching the ladies play. Borton strikes me as a coach who has a game plan and if the opposing coach makes the necessary adjustments Borton completely wigs out and her team ends up going the individual route. She has put this program in the crapper

I was at the game, I play trombone in the pep band. I don't pay attention to women's ball like I do to men's, but a victory over Wisconsin in anything is always nice regardless of how good they are. I was disappointed to see them lose, I had no idea of the magnitude of the loss or if it was expected, or a big upset for Wisconsin. Am I correct in saying our women's team is about average or a little below?

Safe to say we are "below average" and that is evidently fine with AD Joel who gave Borton and contract extension offer. He hands out contract extensions like candy at a parade!

Top Bottom