Who wants to play the What If game?

I hate this game, I absolutely hate it....but I'm guilty of playing it in my head all the time.

The big thing that stuck out to me about this season, before, during, and after it happened, was the 2OT loss at Illinois to start the Big Ten season. If we're able to pull that one out, that first four game stretch could have looked a lot different (and, no, I don't just mean "1-3"). But...oh well. Chance for payback tomorrow. Big chance.

Yeah. That one hurts. Would have been (if Welch hits those FT's) a 4 point lead with like 8 seconds left. We did have a 2 point lead and still couldn't get a stop.

Another one for me was in the MSU game.

Down 5, Coleman gets a big steal..on our way to cutting the lead to either 3 or 2, he gets stripped, than flag fouls the MSU player....game was over after that. I think we would have won, or at least had a good shot to, if that doesn't happen.

What if's. I don't deal with "what if's" until the "what if" happens. Then hindsight is 20-20.

On the Wisc/Indiana game one commentator reiterated that Indiana might have won the Gopher game if this happened etc... every big10 team can play this game...

True, every team in every sport could say it. I agree 100%. Just think this team has been so snake bitten over the recent years that we seem to play the game more than most.

Ooh - I'll play!

Had the Gophers beaten Illinois, they might not have been so desperate in the Indiana game and would have lost that one. However, they wouldn't have been hung over, either, and would have won at least one of the two ensuing games against MI and IA. I'd say the what-if scenario yields a net +1 versus where they are now, so 4-4.

4-4 would be nice. I'd take that. But, I still think they should have won @Ill, vs.Iowa for sure. Both teams wanted to give us those games, we just didn't want them. Same could be said with the MI game.

I'll see your 4-4 and raise you 6-2 and tied for 1st in the B1G.

A bit off thread, but...I had a dream the other night that Rick Bay had hired Barry Alvarez as Gopher coach instead of Jim Wacker. BA, of course, then imbedded the mole Maturi at Wiscy to do his mischief. Today, the Gophers are successfully pounding the ball down field against opponents while sporting swoosh M's on their helmets in front of capacity crowds at TCF. Meanwhile, Bucky continues to struggle under coach Steckel as Camp Randall sits half empty...or is it half full? But alas, I awoke

Top Bottom