Is 3 second violation ever called anymore?

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
It was laughable how the MSU bigs planted themselves in the lane. Payne and Nix hardly ever made an effort to get out of the lane. There was one particular sequence in the 2nd half when fat-ass Nix had Ralph sealed (shocker, I know) and the ball was reversed....the wing player drove the lane, pump-faked and threw it back out to reset the offense. NIX NEVER MOVED. I was counting out loud and I got to 10 when my 6 year old interrupted me to ask me what I was doing!! Unbelievable.

Agreed! Is hand checking allowed? If not, msu should have a lot of fouls called them for it.

The game has changed. Actions that were once infractions (spin move, jump stop, e.g.) when the game was taught in schools under supervision, are no longer called as the college game has evolved into the one-on-one, create-your-own-shot playground scramble you see today. This has ruined the experience for old geezers like me who long for the crisp passing, cutting, screening, picking game of my youth. As Bob Dylan portended: the times, they are a'changing.

No and especially not on home teams. Offiating has become terrible over the last 5 years. Baby boomer refs need to retire.

Proof was in the West Virginia-Syracuse game today. WV got hosed big time! For those that didn't see it, WV was down by two with under 10 seconds to play and an obvious goaltending was not called that would have tied it up.

Proof was in the West Virginia-Syracuse game today. WV got hosed big time! For those that didn't see it, WV was down by two with under 10 seconds to play and an obvious goaltending was not called that would have tied it up.

That reminds me of last years game against Illinois when one of our guys got the ball in the hoop, the whole thing was below the level of the rim, and some Illini player grabbed the net, preventing the ball from going down, bouncing it out, costing us two points. I remember Chip was also called out of bounds that game even though his foot never hit the sideline.

Cayman said:
That reminds me of last years game against Illinois when one of our guys got the ball in the hoop, the whole thing was below the level of the rim, and some Illini player grabbed the net, preventing the ball from going down, bouncing it out, costing us two points. I remember Chip was also called out of bounds that game even though his foot never hit the sideline.

I believe it was on a Trevor dunk.

Also remember that once the shot goes up, the mythical 3 second count is off until someone gets a rebound.

Top Bottom