Damian Johnson Article

Thanks for posting. Good article. Good luck Damian. You got screwed out of Big Ten Defensive POTY.

"It was that defensive aptitude and Johnson’s headiness that garnered the interest of Minnesota’s head coach Tubby Smith."

This makes it sound like he was one of Tubby's recruits, rather than Monson's. At any rate Damian is one of my all-time favorites. He busted is tail and turned himself into a much better player than most people expected.

Good article - thanks for posting.

But I don't understand this from the article: "He was named to the Big Ten’s All-Defensive Team in 2009 and became the only player in program history to earn that honor."

Bobby Jackson was named BT Defensive POY in 1997 and Travarus Bennett was BT Defensive POY in 2002, so I would assume they were also on the All Defensive Team...or I guess they could have started the All Defensive Team after 2002?

Go Gophers!!

"He was named to the Big Ten’s All-Defensive Team in 2009 and became the only player in program history to earn that honor."

???

Travarus Bennett anyone?!?!? Co-Defensive POY?!?!?!?

Maybe the author was saying that Damian was the only Gopher in program history to be named to the 2009 All-Defensive Team.

Maybe the author was saying that Damian was the only Gopher in program history to be named to the 2009 All-Defensive Team.
Correct and true. Good call bk! Verification confirms that in the 2009 history of Gopher basketball, he was the only player so named.

Top Bottom