Who has a better chance of taking Gophers to S16 or better? Flip or Tubby?

• Flip

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Tubby

Votes: 39 60.0%

• Total voters

Stan

Reaction score

Stan said:

Considering they are similar in age (Flip slightly younger) and Flip hasn't coached college in YEARS, has been fired numerous times, most recently from a job coaching as close to college age players as he could get.

I'm going to say Tubby.

All that said, if Tubby leaves I'd like to give Flip the job. Seems like a great guy, I do believe he is a good coach and loves the school. I hope somehow he finds a home on Tubby's staff.

I'm going to go with; whoever is the coach after this year.

What is the facsination with Flip? Really, what is it?

Flip

I'd want no part of a coach who has not been in the NCAA for more than 20 yrs.

Tubby

2013-2014
2014-2015 Assumes Joe and EE stay all 4 years.

Missing piece is Hoffarber type. Matt Thomas?

As of the time of this poll, Flip has a 0% chance of coaching the Gophers to a Sweet Sixteen, because he does not coach the Gophers.

Rouser said:
What is the facsination with Flip? Really, what is it?
What a freakin stupid thread!!! By the way.....Flip has now been fired three times in less than 7 years.

Dr.Don said:
Amen Parski1... Tubby is the answer, because Flip is long gone and fired numerous times. Jysus.
I didn't know Jysus cared about the experts on GH.

Well, Tubby is our coach=Better chance. Flip is not our coach= NO chance.

Come on people Tubby is the Coach.

Haugy#33 said:
Well, Tubby is our coach=Better chance. Flip is not our coach= NO chance.

Come on people Tubby is the Coach.
Some of them don't want him anymore and make sure they let Gopherhole know that over and over and over.......

If you look at lunardi's current bracketology I would gave the gophers in my sweet 16.

If tubby ends up being let go we should find a non-retread coach.

If you look at lunardi's current bracketology I would gave the gophers in my sweet 16.

If tubby ends up being let go we should find a non-retread coach.

In 2 weeks, the Gophs will go from their present notch, to the "next 4 out".

Whathavewedone said:

To steal a page from GW book, care to place a wager on that?

Flip should not have been fired from the Wolves and that Washington team is terrible it'd be tough for anyone to win with that club.

HOOP DREAMS said:
I don't think Tubby is leaving, but it's not out of the question. If that happened Flip would be the #1 candidate.

Did you hear that from the not even hired yet AD?

Very possible. My point is...if the gophers finish 6-6 the rest of the way they likely make the tourney. And if they get a lucky draw in terms of matchups they could be in the sweet 16 in 2 months. Whereas flip will never coach the gophers

As a betting individual I would instantly put 90% chance to Tubby because he is our current coach and has a couple years on his contract and will not get fired before the existing contract runs out. He also may very well get an extension. By the time Tubby is done Flip may be in another coaching position 2%, and may not be interested 2% when or if it becomes available. Also their is a 50% chance the Gophers won't want him. Therefore there is a 142% chance Tubby gets us there first. I always love that one!

Yes you are correct the math doesn't add up, as it is as rediculous as this thread!

Top Bottom