Flip out at Washington

station19

Reaction score
Judd and Phunn on 1500 reporting Flip out as Wizards coach(via twitter). Sorry no links yet.

Let the speculation begin.

station19 said:
Judd and Phun on 1500 reporting Flip out as Wizards coach(via twitter). Sorry no links yet.

Minnesota currently has a coach. Could possibly use an assistant or some kind of advisory position though if it is allowed by NCAA rules.

There is no opening here.. and even if there was count me as someone who DOES NOT want Flip as a coach of the Gophers. My first wish is for Tubby to win and then get an extension and keep winning.. if that does not happen, then I want our next coach to come from the college ranks, a proven head coach like Brad Stevens (thought he has a clause that lets him leave for Gopher job among others..could be wrong).

Rouser said:
There is no opening here.. and even if there was count me as someone who DOES NOT want Flip as a coach of the Gophers. My first wish is for Tubby to win and then get an extension and keep winning.. if that does not happen, then I want our next coach to come from the college ranks, a proven head coach like Brad Stevens (thought he has a clause that lets him leave for Gopher job among others..could be wrong).

I believe it is Ben Jacobson who has the Gopher clause (maybe Tim Miles?) Stevens is locked up at butler for the next 100 years or so.

The Wizards

The Wizards roster was a disastrous combination of head cases and non-talent during his time there. I'm guessing that for Flip, ANY job looks good by comparison.

Like scher215 said, there is no way we can get Brad Stevens. If he were to try to buy out of his contract (this is speculation, no actual knowledge of the contract) it would likely cost upwards of 20 million. He's under contract til 2026 and the school adds a year for every year coached.

station19 said:
Judd and Phunn on 1500 reporting Flip out as Wizards coach(via twitter). Sorry no links yet.

Speculation on what?? Flip has now been fired three times in less than a 7 years.

Speculation on what?? Flip has now been fired three times in less than a 7 years.

It took you all of two minutes to make the same post on two seperate threads. Feel better?

How very Minnesotan. He's one of us......Let's fantasize over how great it would be if he could be in charge. Worked out great with McHale huh.

People can't seem to see the forest through the trees. Perhaps the glaring problem at A.D. could be addressed before anyone obsesses about the coaching position. Unfortunately Mr. Maturi has been inflicting a slow death upon the program by pushing the new point system / price increase at Williams which has killed attendance. There has not been serious conversation about a practice facility, which by the way, if Tubby leaves before that is in the works, good luck hiring a legit head coach next go around. Mr. Maturi has the vision of a half rate accountant and until the A.D. position is addressed this program will continue to be mired in mediocrity. Soooooo......let the Flip talk begin Minnesota.

station19 said:
It took you all of two minutes to make the same post on two seperate threads. Feel better?
Then don't start a stupid speculation thread after somebody just started a Flip thread Pat.

Then don't start a stupid speculation thread after somebody just started a Flip thread Pat.

Funny how I am able to keep making these posts at the same time I am live on the air. You must think I am very talented.:)

Better watch out, your negativity might get him to label you a hater. If you're opinion is not that of Parski you are negative and a hater.

zambam said:
Better watch out, your negativity might get him to label you a hater. If you're opinion is not that of Parski you are negative and a hater.
You two girls must live together because you defend each other all the time.

Would that be better or worse than being called Ruesse?:)

As one who mentioned that I think Flip would entertain the thought if the timing were right and I think he may be a nice fit, the timing isn't right now. As mentioned, we have a coach.

I do wish him the best though. He's a good guy.

station19 said:
Would that be better or worse than being called Ruesse?:)
How about if Zambam just told you to "Shut Up"!

Brad Stevens coaching at Minnesota. Ha.

Who writes your material?

Stupid pissing contest.

Station19 is cool.

Anyone who disagrees is uncool.

so *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# it.

Dr.Don said:
Stupid pissing contest.

Station19 is cool.

Sorry - you are the expert in here.

Stupid pissing contest.

Station19 is cool.

Careful Doc, Parski might start calling you a girl.

OMG if that were true it would shed a whole new light on some of your posts.:eek:

Flip

Flip's next (and last gig) should be either with TNT/TBS or the BTN.

Minnesota currently has a coach. Could possibly use an assistant or some kind of advisory position though if it is allowed by NCAA rules.

I don't think Flip would take a job as a college assistant or adviser and Tubby would not hire someone of that caliber to be on his staff.
I'm pretty sure that he does't want a co-coach.

Couple tweets on this:

“@DarrenWolfson: Tubby yet to talk to Flip. Will soon. He's welcome to all practices. #Gophers”

“@GophersNow: Tubby hasn't talked to Flip Saunders since the former Wizards coach was fired last week. Saunders is welcomed at practice.”

“@DarrenWolfson: Maturi has talked to Flip. Before jumping to conclusions, just wanted to wish him the best. #Gophers”

Flip's next (and last gig) should be either with TNT/TBS or the BTN.

Yeah, that way we can hear the following repeatedly:

"From the standpoint of"

"As far as"

"PA, I love ya and all, but you are not a personnel director"

Top Bottom