The Big Brawn of MSU

Reaction score
MSU on the road; now THAT is a test without Trevor. I will say this; Keith Appling is a decent guard, but MSU misses K Lucas tremendously. They throw the ball away alot. They don't have a "go to guy" from the outside when it's really needed, the way Lucas was money. But MSU has at least three big brawn bodies (Payne, Nix and Dray Green). EE and RSIII have to stay out of foul trouble. The Gophers will have to play a low turnover, high energy game, deny the ball inside, with a great performance again from Rodney, as MSU won't be able to match up with his acrobatics. It's going to be challenge. They are the closest team in the conference to OSU.

Will definitely be a tough test, but hey, we've played well on the road so far and we're playing very well right now. Would love to see the boys pull out another unexpected win against a top 10 team on the road. Go Gophs!

I am going in to this game with all the confidence in the world in our guys. If we play our game and play the way we are capable of playing, we can win this game. It won't take an off night by MSU but an on night by our gophers.

Yep, you'll probably see a lot more Andre Ingram and we have to hope that they miss from the outside. I can't imagine we will have a lot of success if we don't clog the lane and hope they miss.

The keys in my opinion are to limit offensive rebounds and create a bunch of turnovers. The first one will be tough, the second one is very possible.

The keys in my opinion are to limit offensive rebounds and create a bunch of turnovers. The first one will be tough, the second one is very possible.

Agree. They are very turnover prone. If we can pressure them into enough of them, we can make up for the probable rebounding deficit and give ourselves a chance.

Any chance MSU will be ranked 8th? That would bode well for us.

Any chance MSU will be ranked 8th? That would bode well for us.

There's a very good chance they'll be ranked 8th. They lost @Mich by 1 this week, but some other teams around them lost as well. I think that they will be ranked 8th next week - I'll keep my fingers crossed.

We have to stop the put backs on the O boards. Sampson and Rodney, plus EE have to have a good board night. MSU not as quick as in the past, so we should get some points off the flex O

Top Bottom