Sharp shooting Gophers thump Wildcats

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota raced out to an 11-0 advantage and shot 55 percent in a decisive 75-52 victory over Northwestern Sunday afternoon at Williams Arena.

What a win!

Literally nothing to complain about. Looking back, that was a must win with a tough game at Michigan State looming Wednesday.

that was a must win

Not picking on you here, but I hate this term. It is one of the most terms out there and it seems people say it just about every game. It now has no meaning to me. Agreed that it was a good game though; hopefully, we can put forth as good an effort against MSU.

I feel it was a "must win" because there is very little chance the Gophers will beat Michigan State on the road. If the Gophers lost today, they would have gone into the game Wednesday against the Spartans 2-5 and most likely leave Lansing 2-6. Now, they enter 3-4 and will likely leave 3-5. I like 3-5 better than 2-6. But then again, they could always beat Mich. State too!!!!

I feel it was a "must win" because there is very little chance the Gophers will beat Michigan State on the road. If the Gophers lost today, they would have gone into the game Wednesday against the Spartans 2-5 and most likely leave Lansing 2-6. Now, they enter 3-4 and will likely leave 3-5. I like 3-5 better than 2-6. But then again, they could always beat Mich. State too!!!!

No offense, but judging by your score predictions, it seems that this is your thought on every game we play.

No offense, but judging by your score predictions, it seems that this is your thought on every game we play.

You beat me to it GOTR. If one predicts doom and gloom every time, then when something happens that person can say, "See, I told you so."

So you honestly go back and check who I predict to win in the Predict the Score threads? Wow. That's pretty pathetic. Get a life. I also predicted that Minnesota would beat Indiana when everyone else thought they were going to lose, but that is something you are going to ignore (obviously). I'm not one of those fans that bows to the team and projects that they win every game. It doesn't make sense. This team has played excellent the last three games (especially today) and that's all that matters. Stop trying to start fights on here and be glad about how positive this team is playing. Geez.

So you honestly go back and check who I predict to win in the Predict the Score threads? Wow. That's pretty pathetic. Get a life. I also predicted that Minnesota would beat Indiana when everyone else thought they were going to lose, but that is something you are going to ignore (obviously). I'm not one of those fans that bows to the team and projects that they win every game. It doesn't make sense. This team has played excellent the last three games (especially today) and that's all that matters. Stop trying to start fights on here and be glad about how positive this team is playing. Geez.

+1. PUD doing his normal thing and trying to pick fights on the board by piggybacking off of the GOTR post since he is incapable of offering any thoughts on the actual games.

Haha settle down, I was just pointing it out. No need to get overly defensive. And no I don't go back and search for your scores, but when I put in mine I generally take a look at what everyone else is predicting. You are one of the few who consistently picks us to lose, so it stands out more than the others. And trust me, I'm enjoying the way we're playing. Very encouraging win. Nice to see a dominant performance regardless of who it's against. Hopefully they keep it up.

I'm not one to side with BFG, but I don't understand the hate here.

Top Bottom