Nebraska takes down #13 Indiana-in Lincoln

And Nebraska fans rush the court.

They definitely struggle on the road.

70-69

Is Indiana real or not.

If by real you mean mediocre, maybe. Horribly overrated by the masses, as I said before this recent losing streak began. Defense is terrible, coaching & heart are issues.

I agree with GW but would add that it's also a glass half full question. NE is not THAT bad, particularly at home. They are a veteran team with size but not tremendous quickness, so this was a good match up for NE at home.

See how the middle of the conference because increasingly muddled? Gophers are very much in this race for top half of the conference if they can beat up the middle and bottom. That's why wins against NW are so important.

It's tough to beat Indiana in Bloomington this year. Away from Bloomington ... not so much.

Hulls in particular seems to shoot a lot better at home than on the road (except the road game against a bad PSU defense). And of course the refs & crowd give them an edge at home. Life on the road is tougher than you expect sometimes.

"In the event of a season augering into the abyss, your Bobby Knight sweater may be used as a flotation device or crying towel. There are several exits from Assembly Hall, please don't knock over any kids on the way out."

flight-attendant41.jpg

The Big Ten is completely nuts this season. Seems like there's at least 1 or 2 head-scratchers every rotation (Tues-Wed-Thurs, Sat-Sun). I've decided the only two things that will surprise me the rest of the season are (1) if OSU loses in Columbus and (2) if Penn State wins a road game. Otherwise, all bets are off.

Hard to win on the road when you play horsesh!t defense. They get away with it at home because of the tremendous atmosphere of AH.

Hard to win on the road when you play horsesh!t defense. They get away with it at home because of the tremendous atmosphere of AH.

And the home cooking they get there.

This just goes to show that it's a long, long season. Teams that are considered top-tier at the beginning of the season can turn into an afterthought in a matter of games. Indiana obviously plays very well at home and used a fairly home-centric start to the season to catapult up the rankings. Now that they're forced to go on the road against good teams (instead of having Kentucky visit them), we're seeing it even out a little.

Of course, we can also look at the Gophers in the same way. 0-4 was a bad start, but that's not to say they can't turn it around in a wide-open B1G. It's just too bad Indiana is killing their RPI with bad losses!

Indiana hasn't won Big Ten game outside of Assembly Hall or the BJC since 2008. Impressive!

Indiana hasn't won Big Ten game outside of Assembly Hall or the BJC since 2008. Impressive!

Don't jinx us FTB, we've still got to play IU at home!

Hope I don't jinx the Gophers by mentioning that Northwestern is one of 4 Big Ten teams (also Michigan, Nebraska & Penn State) yet to win a conference road game.

Don't jinx us FTB, we've still got to play IU at home!

Hope I don't jinx the Gophers by mentioning that Northwestern is one of 4 Big Ten teams (also Michigan, Nebraska & Penn State) yet to win a conference road game.

This jinx is off-set by the fact that the Gophers are SO over-do to win a B1G home game.

We might lose Indiana as a quality win, but as long as indiana doesn't lose to teams we only play once it doesn't hurt our RPI for them to lose.

Or are you talking about indiana's rpi.
This just goes to show that it's a long, long season. Teams that are considered top-tier at the beginning of the season can turn into an afterthought in a matter of games. Indiana obviously plays very well at home and used a fairly home-centric start to the season to catapult up the rankings. Now that they're forced to go on the road against good teams (instead of having Kentucky visit them), we're seeing it even out a little.

Of course, we can also look at the Gophers in the same way. 0-4 was a bad start, but that's not to say they can't turn it around in a wide-open B1G. It's just too bad Indiana is killing their RPI with bad losses!

The Big Ten is completely nuts this season. Seems like there's at least 1 or 2 head-scratchers every rotation (Tues-Wed-Thurs, Sat-Sun). I've decided the only two things that will surprise me the rest of the season are (1) if OSU loses in Columbus and (2) if Penn State wins a road game. Otherwise, all bets are off.

PSU could win a road game - they've been playing some inspired ball of late - all they've got to do is put forth the same effort on the road against the right team and ... voila! The only thing that would surprise me is if the Gophers win at OSU this year ;)

Top Bottom