Surprised this didn't get its own thread: Nebraska shoots TWO free throws at Kohl

Nothing that happens at the Kohl Center surprises me anymore.

The referees were smartly and deftly avoiding the 2-hour Bo Ryan spittle shower and F-bomb soliloquy.

Actually, this old, or at least recycled, news. This has been happening for yeeeeears at the KC under the The Grinch.

I watched the game and the disparity in fouls was total BS. The B1G has too many refs that are past Father Time.

19 fouls for NE, 7 for WI. Of course Bo still acts like his team is getting screwed by the refs all the time.

I only saw a couple minutes of this one, but the Badgers are traditionally very disciplined foul-wise because of how they play. 254 personal fouls this season as a team. For comparison's sake, their opponents have had 317.

The Gophers, on the other hand, have 340 fouls and have been fouled 374 times. Interpret the data however you'd like, but Wisconsin very rarely bails out their opponents with fouls.

I agree though, 24 free throws compared to 2 is very alarming.

with their lack of skill, drawing fouls is one of thier top offensive weapons this year.

i see taylor was 11 - 15..
drive
jump into defender
throw up prayer.
fall down.
shoot FTs.

nice to hear Gary Williams during the gopher/PSU game complain about Frazier's dives.. likened it to what has happened to soccer.. his MD teams always went to the bucket hard.. and always lost to duke because of the flopping..

Officials have no courage to make a call against a home team.
The more intense the crowd the more this is true.

I don't know if it always was this way but at officials are aging it seems more apparent to me in the last 5 years.

There needs to be a new batch of under 40 officials in my opinion. They are lazy, timid, and too slow for today's game.

A 50-45 Wisconsin win where the Badgers go 18-24 from the line and Nebraska goes...2-2

Free throw percentages:
Wisconsin: 66.7%
Nebraska: 100%

Take THAT Badgers!

It's amazing what a few dead fish in newspaper on an officials' front steps will do, eh Bo?

Officials have no courage to make a call against a home team.
The more intense the crowd the more this is true.

I don't know if it always was this way but at officials are aging it seems more apparent to me in the last 5 years.

There needs to be a new batch of under 40 officials in my opinion. They are lazy, timid, and too slow for today's game.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that refs let coaches get away with a lot more now than they used to.

19 fouls for NE, 7 for WI. Of course Bo still acts like his team is getting screwed by the refs all the time.

Yeah, Bo works it but for my money nobody in hoops works the refs like Izzo. The guy is the best but damn, he makes a part time job out of working the refs. It's all about the late game payoff.

I wasn't surprised this didn't get it's own thread on GH, really puzzled why you think it needed one.

Top Bottom