B1G Tournament Ticket Question

Reaction score
Hey guys just had a quick question for anyone who has been to the Big Ten Tourney. Is it pretty easy to get tickets scalping actually outside of the arena? Or should I be looking online for tickets? Never been there, but planning on taking the trip this year. Any insight would help, thanks!

Yes, always easy to find tix. on the street; usually 1/2 price. Plenty of open seats every game. If you go w/ a buddy just buy cheapest singles you can find and set wherever you want.

Agreed. Especially after the first round of games, there are tons of tickets that people basically want to give away. Practices are free too

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Gonna try to get there for the Friday night session, hopefully the Gophers will still be around.

Hmm... I may have to make my way down there if I can get half price tickets.

Prices can vary greatly with who is playing and traditionally the most expensive tickets are Friday night followed by Saturday. The more local the team the more expensive the tickets. It will also depend if you just want to get in the building or you want better seats. As you would guess the better the seats the bigger the price bump.

You should be able to get the Thursday tickets for about 1/2 price and you might get Friday day session for face or a little more depending on who's playing. Friday night you willing be forced to pay, especially if you have a few local teams(IU in particular). Saturday can be hit and miss depending on who's playing but I would think about 125%-150% would be about right. If you pay more than face for Sunday, you are over paying.

I didn't go last year, but went the three years before that so I feel like I know the tournament scene and Indianapolis well. A first day Gophers-Whoever matchup certainly won't sell out, as long as that whoever is not Indiana, or possibly Purdue/Illinois. Even then, you'll be able to scalp a ticket for face value at worst. After that, fans are just trying to get rid of tickets as their teams are eliminated and they want to go home. Again, the big exception is Indiana and to a lesser extent Purdue/Illinois, as fans will drive in for the day and snatch up tickets. Still not impossible to get tickets.

Even though Indy is about as central as it gets, the Big Ten is a spread out conference and I think it disincentivizes a lot of people from making the trip. It's also not the most fun to drive 10 hours to see your team blown out in an NBA arena. Best to go with the mindset of a trip with some basketball on the side. It's a fun atmosphere, with folks in attire from every team roaming downtown.

Top Bottom