What A Great 24 Hours!!!

spermophilus

Reaction score
1. Gopher Hoopsters get a good, back-to-back, road win - and a new piece is added to the puzzle in Joe Coleman.
2. Gopher Pucksters go up to NoDak and thump the Flickertails to salvage a split.
3. The Broncos' #15 gets exposed for the (football) fraud that he is.
4. The almighty, loved-by-God, greatest team in history, gets blown out at home by the New York football Giants!

WOW!

Somebody who cheers against Tebow really needs to take a look in the mirror.

The skunks beat the huskers 50-45 at home. what a crap game.

CrocShots said:
The skunks beat the huskers 50-45 at home. what a crap game.

How many easy layups did Nebraska miss? UW defense is so overrated.

afurry91 said:

I like tebow. I hate all the press he gets. Everyone acts like he's the only "good-guy" in the NFL, tons of players never get into trouble. Play better than tebow. And get half the coverage.

Seems like a good, passionate guy, but he doesn't even belong in the same conversation as most NFL quarterbacks, especially Brady.

Gold Vision said:
How many easy layups did Nebraska miss? UW defense is so overrated.

Honesty, Wisconsin looks very beatable at Williams and at kohl center.

Then get mad at the media. Tebow is required to talk to the media and answer their questions. He has never asked been to be compared to Drew Brees or anyone like that. All he wants to do is play football

afurry91 said:
Then get mad at the media. Tebow is required to talk to the media and answer their questions. He has never asked been to be compared to Drew Brees or anyone like that. All he wants to do is play football

I don't disagree. People just cheer against the "media darling" same way people hated favre, a lot because John madden was in love with him. Tebow probably because of skip. Not saying its right, but people cheer they fail to shut the media up.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the over rated sconnie bb team would have lost it would have been a perfect weekend!

About Tebow; How's this: Good, well-intentioned guy; single dimensional NFL QB, more a back-up than a starter. I think that's all Sher and those who agree with Sher are trying to say. (I might add, he also appears to be world class self-promoter).

Yep - we had the fam over to watch the game and have dinner afterward (Sir M's famous BBQ ribs on this warm January day).
The dinner table can resemble the GH after a bad loss so we're glad we got to enjoy our meal as well!

Hard to hate on Tebow. He plays hard, cares about his teammates, and all around seems to be a decent person. He has some growing to do as an NFL quarterback, but considering where the broncos were a year ago, they made large strides and Tebow was a part of that.

Really? I cheer against the Broncos, because frankly I just have never liked the Broncos. By cheering against the Broncos I am cheering against Tim Tebow. Shoot me, I cheer against a player on a team I've never liked.

By all accounts Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Eli Manning are good guys. Does that mean no one can cheer against them?

Let's be honest. Nobody's saying that everybody should root for Tebow because he's a good person. And I'll admit, some of the mainstream media coverage of him is exhausting. However, the reflexive who-does-he-think-he-is backlash is a bit ridiculous. By all accounts, he's a good person and a good teammate, if not a great qb. He doesn't talk about God more than a lot of other athletes, he just seems to do it with a little more conviction. That's not necessarily a reason to cheer for him, but if you actually hate the guy, I think you probably need to do a little soul-searching.

Cheer against the Broncos all you want. I'm not saying everyone has to be a Tebow fan. But the whole "down with Tebow!!!" attitude is ridiculous and anyone a part of that trend needs to seriously ask themselves why they hate the guy so much, and I bet you'll have a hard time justifying it. Wishing failure upon a guy and cheering like the Vikings just scored a Touchdown when he loses is sad.

Tim Tebow's mom? Is that you?

I don't wish any ill will on the guy, but I strongly disagree with people who think he is a good quarterback and am sick of hour long segments on ESPN dedicated solely to one of the worst starting quarterbacks I've ever seen. They are allowed to talk about other players, but sometimes it seems like they don't understand that.

Cheer against the Broncos all you want. I'm not saying everyone has to be a Tebow fan. But the whole "down with Tebow!!!" attitude is ridiculous and anyone a part of that trend needs to seriously ask themselves why they hate the guy so much, and I bet you'll have a hard time justifying it. Wishing failure upon a guy and cheering like the Vikings just scored a Touchdown when he loses is sad.

Just like the whole "Tebow is so awesome and better than everyone else" attitude. By all accounts he's a great guy, but so are hundreds of other players in the NFL, some of which are better players than him. Hype has made him into an icon for some, and a villain to others. That's just how it is.

Is all the hype and publicity his fault? Not really, but that doesn't mean people can't cheer against him. I'm sick of hearing about him all the time.

BTW, Drew Brees had 40 completions in his game Saturday. In the past four games combined, Tebow has had 38.

People like me cheer against Tebow because we believe he is not a very good NFL quarterback and like to see him lose so that the media will stop all the annoying hype about the guy. Constantly throwing into the ground on a pass to a wide open guy with no pressure is not something you see from a good NFL quarterback. Sorry!

So in a game where 1 quarterback is selfish and accused of rape. America cheers for the selfish guy. In a game involving a team of cheaters (who have not won anything since spygate, just sayin). America cheers for the cheaters. What is wrong with America?

So in a game where 1 quarterback is selfish and accused of rape. America cheers for the selfish guy. In a game involving a team of cheaters (who have not won anything since spygate, just sayin). America cheers for the cheaters. What is wrong with America?

Tom Brady is selfish? And was accused of rape? News to me!

If Tebow wasn't in the media 24/7 as if he was the greatest QB of our generation I bet more people would cheer for him. Don't think about it as people cheering for him to fail, think of it as people cheering for the media to get off the guys nuts. People are sick of ESPN doing nothing but talk about an outrageously below average quarterback. They want to hear about something new. Nothing less, nothing more. Stop taking it so personally.

Hard to hate on Tebow. He plays hard, cares about his teammates, and all around seems to be a decent person. He has some growing to do as an NFL quarterback, but considering where the broncos were a year ago, they made large strides and Tebow was a part of that.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I have no problems with Tebow. I know that he's not a classic NFL QB. What I don't get are all the reports about if he is the Bronco's QB of the future. Aren't most QB's who get their team to the playoffs and win a game in pretty good shape to keep their spot as the #1 QB? There are a whole lot of QB's who didn't do as well and are apparently secure in keeping their position. He'll have to continue to improve, but he seems like he has it to be a winner.

I'm sick of having to concede the fact that Tebow is a good person. He may be...but the fact that he, and his family, want to take away birth control in SE Asia in the name of the god that he happens to believe in, makes me question just how "good" of a person he might be. I don't have a problem with his (or anybody's) religion, but I think pushing it on other people (and cultures) to be a pretty shi**y thing to do. I think I'm one of the few people to actually be more of a fan of Tim Tebow, the QB, than Tim Tebow, the person.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I have no problems with Tebow. I know that he's not a classic NFL QB. What I don't get are all the reports about if he is the Bronco's QB of the future. Aren't most QB's who get their team to the playoffs and win a game in pretty good shape to keep their spot as the #1 QB? There are a whole lot of QB's who didn't do as well and are apparently secure in keeping their position. He'll have to continue to improve, but he seems like he has it to be a winner.

Not so sure about that one. His completion percentage has to be close to record setting. And not in a good way.

Sorry, this is the dumbest post ever. With this logic, you could pick almost any NFL team and find a reason that someone should be ashamed to root for them.

"In a game involving a team with a guy who used a fake wiener, America roots for the guy who used the fake wiener! In a game involving a team who used to have a player who hot tubbed with high school girls, America roots for the team who used to have a player who hot tubbed with high school girls!!" Etc.

I am and have been for over 25 years a Broncos fans. I also am not a Tebow fan at all. As a Broncos fan, I see a guy who can never ever lead this team to a Super Bowl. All of the Tebow fans, note I didn't say Broncos fans essentially hold the Broncos organization hostage from moving forward. His popularity with his bandwagon fans makes it difficult if not impossible for the Broncos to make a move away from him right now. The broncos are not that many pieces away from being a contending team, yet the biggest need of a QB they are essentially stuck in a holding pattern. I also think that if Tim Tebow was let's say Jewish or Muslim that the media and the fans wouldn't be falling all over themselves to pat him on the back, regardless of how good a guy he was.

Top Bottom