Sid Hartman: Tubby says future is bright for Gophers

Arena comes up again...

I do agree with one thing. Comparing next year's team to what we have this year post-Trevor...I only see things being much better. Will be a very athletic team with some experience under their belts.

I agree with Big Mo healthy and Rodney coming back

does this confirm Mbakwe is not coming back next year for sure?? I havent seen any news on it

This pretty much covers the argument we had last week, but I liked this quote.

Smith was asked if the Gophers job was what he thought it would be when he decided to move here from Kentucky in 2007.

"I didn't really know. I knew some things about the program, but you never know a program until you get inside and you find out what's going on internally," Smith said. "Certainly we have a good, broad-based athletic program that covers a lot of different constituents."

Well thats's one way of putting it...

does this confirm Mbakwe is not coming back next year for sure?? I havent seen any news on it

The school can't even pursue it until after the season. My *guess* is that he'd like to play one more year, but the likelihood that he'd be allowed to (by the relevant NCAA committee) is extremely unlikely.

This pretty much covers the argument we had last week, but I liked this quote.

Well thats's one way of putting it...
Good take on that quote! Quite the diplomat is Mr. Smith.

Just wait until next year..........................again.

Or bitch every day until you've sucked all the fun out of the game. Which ever comes first.

minngg said:
Just wait until next year..........................again.
Blah...Blah...Blah..Blah.....Blah Sooooo Anti-Tubby.

Head basketball coach is akin to a CEO. What do we expect Tubby to say, the program was in shambles? He has to stroke several elements to keep the minions together. Without rehashing everything in the unending arguments of the Tubinots, if Mo comes back strong, Rodney plays it smart and comes back for Sr. year, the next year+ will be a lot of fun, so let's enjoy it, and hope that it demonstrates a sufficient upward swing to attract Tyus and a cast of finishers.

Head basketball coach is akin to a CEO. What do we expect Tubby to say, the program was in shambles? He has to stroke several elements to keep the minions together. Without rehashing everything in the unending arguments of the Tubinots, if Mo comes back strong, Rodney plays it smart and comes back for Sr. year, the next year+ will be a lot of fun, so let's enjoy it, and hope that it demonstrates a sufficient upward swing to attract Tyus and a cast of finishers.

Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner. Well stated, BoundOut!!!

+1

Top Bottom