Lawrence Mckenzie's Intro to his second Mixtape!!!

wonka20

Reaction score
This is the latest from former Gopher Mac Irv Check it out

Katze019 you are a hater. Just because you failed to live out your dream, don't piss on someone else's.

I think the term "make it" is the big factor here. If "making it" is getting on the billboard top 100, it's an extremely tough battle. If "making it" is having a successful career for the region, I think Mac Irv's got a good shot. I'm by no means a music expert but from my likes, he's got some good tunes, it's just hard as hell to get national attention. You can compare it to being a good D-1 basketball player and your chances of "making it" to the NBA are slim, even though you could be a great college player.

With that all said, I'm guessing a few of you are his friends posting on here but for me, never knowing the guy, I hope he reaches whatever goals he has and continues to make good music.

Because he's a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# and likes to just piss people off on here.

Great song and video. I wish he were still playing for us.

Wonka, you guys ever do shows around MPLS?

why do you think that??

/put on record exec. hat

Pretty cool beat and production. I wish he would mix up the rhyme structure a little more, it feels a bit repetitive/simple. Maybe it's just because it's a slow pace that it stands out.

Because he's a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# and likes to just piss people off on here.

Great song and video. I wish he were still playing for us.

Wonka, you guys ever do shows around MPLS?

Yes we do... He is nominated for some Twin cities hip hop awards and has a Pre party he is performing on 1\19 at the lounge in mlps... we are currently setting up other shows too I will keep you guys posted

I think the term "make it" is the big factor here. If "making it" is getting on the billboard top 100, it's an extremely tough battle. If "making it" is having a successful career for the region, I think Mac Irv's got a good shot. I'm by no means a music expert but from my likes, he's got some good tunes, it's just hard as hell to get national attention. You can compare it to being a good D-1 basketball player and your chances of "making it" to the NBA are slim, even though you could be a great college player.

With that all said, I'm guessing a few of you are his friends posting on here but for me, never knowing the guy, I hope he reaches whatever goals he has and continues to make good music.

I like that Analogy alot...

Katze019 you are a hater. Just because you failed to live out your dream, don't piss on someone else's.

Hater? I hate people who use that word.

Overused word that people like to use just because someone else expresses a dislike for a certain individual.
PERSON 1: I don't like Beyonce's new song.
PERSON 2: You're a hater!!!

Big fan of Lawrence as a basketball player & know his dad fairly well. His videos look very professional, sounds decent. It's not that I don't want him to make it, I'm a hip-hop guy and don't think he's going to.

Just my opinion, if you can't handle that.. you have problems.

Overused word that people like to use just because someone else expresses a dislike for a certain individual.

Big fan of Lawrence as a basketball player & know his dad fairly well. His videos look very professional, sounds decent. It's not that I don't want him to make it, I'm a hip-hop guy and don't think he's going to.

no problem with that as i said u are needed to keep us improving

Wonka, what's your role in this? Because you are usually the person who posts his new stuff. Are you a producer for him? Did you produce this song?

Wonka, what's your role in this? Because you are usually the person who posts his new stuff. Are you a producer for him? Did you produce this song?
yes I produce for him... and an alumni... I didnt make this beat the commission did... I made hometown

katze019 said:

Your opinion seems childlike and you're a hater.

I wonder how many successful (non professional athlete) business men use the word hater? None.

But hey, if someone disagrees with your opinion, just call them a hater! That will show them.

What does it matter if successful business men use the word hater? This is the internet, you can talk however you want to. wethr u wnt to tlk lke ths or like this and it doesn't change who you are in real life.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but...it seems like "Hometown" is a straight rip of a Big K.R.I.T. song, and this beat sounds really similar to an old Jay Z song.

I wasn't gonna say it... but yeah... A good amount of the beats are recycled but the ones that aren't are pretty good

Please correct me if I'm wrong but...it seems like "Hometown" is a straight rip of a Big K.R.I.T. song, and this beat sounds really similar to an old Jay Z song.

When i made hometown it is the same sample as Krit used but I sliced the keys totally different put my own chiors in it and different sounds as well as slowed it down... Thats what I love about music two people can have the same sample and make two different things.

When i made hometown it is the same sample as Krit used but I sliced the keys totally different put my own chiors in it and different sounds as well as slowed it down... Thats what I love about music two people can have the same sample and make two different things.

Well said. I prefer the Krit version lyrically, but I like your instrumental more. Adele's original version takes 3rd place.

Hater? I hate people who use that word. I wonder how many successful (non professional athlete) business men use the word hater?

I'm a hip-hop guy

Better question: How many heads describe themselves as "hip-hop guys"?

zambam said:
This is the internet, you can talk however you want to...and it doesn't change who you are in real life.

For better or for worse, internet is mostly real life. Perception is reality and if typing like a dummy causes some to perceive you in a certain way, it has become reality.

Top Bottom