IA over MICH; NW up by 10 over MSU

Reaction score
Fascinating league balance this year. By year's end, maybe multiple teams tied 5th through about 8th. May make selection Sunday very jumbled.

Crazy day in the top 25 and in the Big 10. I keep asking myself, is everyone in the Big 10 really good, or really bad? I'm hoping it's the former. Either way, watching all these upsets is fun - any given Saturday ;)

Exactly NB, North Carolina destroyed. MSU off to league lead, can't win at NW. I think the B1G for once is as good top to bottom as advertised. Seven could dance. Having said that, only OSU has the overall talent to be F4 caliber IMO.

Northwestern ran that 1-3-1 zone against MSU. MSU beat it more often than not, but it still gave them troubles. You may see 4 -5 teams end up 9-9 in the
B1G.

Also interesting outside the conference, #4 Baylor puts up triple digits in a 106-65 victory over Oklahoma State. Seeing the Big Ten's 4 highest nationally ranked teams all lose in the last week gives me hope that the Gophers, while having lost a bad one at home to Iowa, can still hang with anyone in the conference, maybe get another upset or two and make the dance.

Right now I'm not sure which was a worse loss.... Iowa... or Purdue. Iowa's no slouch.

Exactly about Iowa, that's what I warned after the WIS upset. They play tough, can shoot the three and play multiple ways, with at least 7 guys who can play. When they are hot from the outside, they can beat anyone, as the Gophers (MICH and WI) discovered. But they're not that athletic, so when the shots don't fall from 3, they become ordinary. Purdue is about similarly talented, don't you think. Only OSU can consistently dominate inside. Amazing balance: when you assess IL, WI, PUR, IA, MN, MICH, these teams are about equal, with NW, PSU and NE not far behind. As all of us, I just hope the Gophers can get to 4-5 at the midway point and climb back to 9-9 or 10-8 in a year when that could make the tourney.

Great now we are going to have to listen to the rest of the country say how weak the Big Ten is.

I know it's early, but boy, the B1G tournament is gonna be something special this year!

The big ten probably has 12 teams in the top 150 at the end of the year and possibly 10 in the top 80.
Meanwhile the big east might have nine 90+

I know it's early, but boy, the B1G tournament is gonna be something special this year!

Yeah baby. I'll be there with bells on.

Pity the fool who bets on college basketball games this year. There's no figuring it.

Yeah baby. I'll be there with bells on.

Pity the fool who bets on college basketball games this year. There's no figuring it.

That is exactly why they play the games. Any given day, as GL said.

Top Bottom