Oto

march madness

Reaction score
I think Oto is a very intriging player. I think one downfall is he may have heard all of us say how we may need his 3pt shooting. So I think he chucks it every time he is open. Lets work the ball around. The best 3pt shots are those from passes inside and then back out. He plays better near the basket.

I think he has potential to be a very excellent role player down the road. Adjustment from Europe can take a season or two. For instance, one can be physical on defense on the block but cant be physical when the person I am defending is dribbling on the perimeter.

He plays better near the basket.

I have noticed this as well. He has shown some grit down in the post and flashes of the ability to rebound and score near the basket. I hope he doesn't get pigeon-holed as the white guy 3-point shooter. Although I hope he develops that ability as well.

Getting comfortable and game shot selection needs improvement, he does alot of things really well, his offensive ability in the post is much better than I imagined, he is struggling from the 3 right now, I'm not sure that the shots he is taking from the perimeter are the ones he wants to be taking.

Would love to tag him "Oto-matic" The three's he has made have been from the corner when they throw over the top on the zone. Like the way he crashed the boards last night.

His short jumpers have been excellent. He is not making good decisions on the 3's and he does seem to have his feet set properly before he shoots his 3's. That will come. The short shots and the put backs will help to build his confidence.

Top Bottom