Did Tubby tweaked the defense?

bga1

Reaction score
It seemed that we were not collapsing on Zeller. Normally we do and the opposition get's open threes in the ensuing scramble. Not much of that last night as it seemed he let Sampson or Elliason do battle mostly one on one with Zeller. Yes, Zeller scored 23, but it was hard earned and I like that better than Hulls shooting wide open threes. If this is the new Tubby D- I like it. Or maybe it is the players catching on to what Tubby has wanted- not sure.

Tubby tweaking the D

It seemed that we were not collapsing on Zeller. Normally we do and the opposition get's open threes in the ensuing scramble. Not much of that last night as it seemed he let Sampson or Elliason do battle mostly one on one with Zeller. Yes, Zeller scored 23, but it was hard earned and I like that better than Hulls shooting wide open threes. If this is the new Tubby D- I like it. Or maybe it is the players catching on to what Tubby has wanted- not sure.

This biggest complaint of the ball-line defense at least the way it's been played before the big ten was collapsing down on the post player. This has really been limited since the big ten started and it has paid dividends. This game was really about the best 3pt shooting team in the country shooting the 3 so poorly. Most of that was good defense!

Good observations. I had the same thought - he must have made adjustments since they were playing the top outside shooting team in the nation. Maybe that answers the question we've been asking about how flexible he's going to be if it means winning or losing. I just loved Eliason's defense and footwork. He didn't let anyone back him down. He should be playing more.

Zeller's a special player. The Gophs made him make some TOUGH shots.

We did it less against Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, and Purdue. Let a post player make a good shot against Sampson or Rodney don't double, when they miss 1/2 the time get the rebound. Don't give up gimme 3's. Dont give up weakside put backs when the other post doulbes. It is pretty basic and its working.

Zeller made some offbalance shots that reminded me of Tyler Hansbrough. I don't think he is as tough as Tyler but he is much more mobile.

Top Bottom