Hypothetically, what is better looking on the resume so far...

Miles Tarver

Reaction score
being 1-4 in the Big 10 with a win on the road at #8?

or

being 2-3 assuming we won the games we should have won (vs Iowa, vs Purdue) and lose the road games?

being 1-4 in the Big 10 with a win on the road at #8?

or

being 2-3 assuming we won the games we should have won (vs Iowa, vs Purdue) and lose the road games?

Hmm...hypothetically, I'm going to jump the gun and assume that we go on to win the games we should win and make things interesting for the selection committee throughout the rest of the season (and also assume that Indiana rebounds and plays like the #8 the rest of the season). With that said, I'll take the 1-4. With all the toss up games on our schedule the rest of the way, I'm not sure winning the games we should win would have been enough to get us into the tournament. I just felt like we would need a marquee win on our schedule at some point. Hope we can get greedy and nab a couple more!

2-3. I like the Gophers chances of finding 7 conference wins the rest of the way more than I like their chances of finding 8.

Hmm...hypothetically, I'm going to jump the gun and assume that we go on to win the games we should win and make things interesting for the selection committee throughout the rest of the season (and also assume that Indiana rebounds and plays like the #8 the rest of the season). With that said, I'll take the 1-4. With all the toss up games on our schedule the rest of the way, I'm not sure winning the games we should win would have been enough to get us into the tournament. I just felt like we would need a marquee win on our schedule at some point. Hope we can get greedy and nab a couple more!

good take, I agree

Be all rights we should be 2-3, with the two wins at Illinois and Indiana. The Illinois loss hurt so bad...arrgh.
That said, I hope IU goes undefeated at home the rest of the year and this win will look that much better.

Definitely 2-3. I take every big ten win you can get. I would rather be 2-3 with the win at Illinois back that we threw away.

Be all rights we should be 2-3, with the two wins at Illinois and Indiana. The Illinois loss hurt so bad...arrgh.
That said, I hope IU goes undefeated at home the rest of the year and this win will look that much better.

If the Gophers don't lose that game at Illinois, I hightly doubt they lose at home to Iowa. That said, if the Gophers had 1-2 wins prior to tonight, would we have seen the same effort in Bloomington? I think we just have to deal with reality and say we are 1-4 in conference with a good win on the road and two bad home losses.

Top Bottom