Ralph

bga1

Reaction score
Give Ralph credit tonight- he played very well, played hard, and hit the shot of the game in my view. We got really good play from a lot of folks including Elliason in reserve, Ahanmisi, everybody. But Ralph came up big tonight.

Give Ralph credit tonight- he played very well, played hard, and hit the shot of the game in my view. We got really good play from a lot of folks including Elliason in reserve, Ahanmisi, everybody. But Ralph came up big tonight.
Ralph played terrible D on Zeller though. I won't let that go.

He needs that band-aid on the rest of the year! By definition it makes you tougher.

Ralph played terrible D on Zeller though. I won't let that go.

Zeller is tough. He plays like a young McHale down there- lots of moves and a very creative scorer. I wouldn't hold this one against Ralph. Now his previous couple of games- that's bad defense.

Zeller is tough. He plays like a young McHale down there- lots of moves and a very creative scorer. I wouldn't hold this one against Ralph. Now his previous couple of games- that's bad defense.
He could have at least made the shots tough like EE did. I don't think Zeller ever had an easy shot when EE was in the game.

I have been bashing Ralph but tonight he played well and hit a big shot when needed. Cred to him.

He splashed that key deuce near the end. Huge. Ralph played with some intensity; you could see it in his face. Well done RSIII!

I am laughing at people saying "I have ripped ralph but he played well tonight"

I have defended Ralph. And I thought he had a terrible game. Goes to show you that different people are looking for different things. Huge shot late though. And a couple of huge blocks as well.

By no means did he play a perfect game, but you can't expect anyone to be perfect. I'm happy with his performance tonight.

I have defended Ralph. And I thought he had a terrible game. Goes to show you that different people are looking for different things. Huge shot late though. And a couple of huge blocks as well.

You're right. It depends on what you're focusing on. He didn't score a ton of points, but I also didn't notice him give up a ton of offensive rebounds like he normally does and he hit a clutch jumper, so I'm happy. I just don't want him to turn the ball over 10 times and give the other team a ridiculous amount of second chance points.

He got worked by Zeller on the boards. He made a boneheaded play on the inbounds that he passed to Zeller. He made a cold blooded jumper on the baseline. Congrats. Now play 40 minutes of basketball and you'll get my praise.

I agree that I didn't think it was one of his "landmark" games or anything. But he played tough down there, had 8 boards, 4 assists, and his defense of Zeller got better as the game went on.

The key was, the entire team crashed those boards VERY aggressively, but at the same time didn't get burnt on hardly any fast break layups.

I give Ralph credit for hitting that baseline jumper when we needed it, but I thought it was discouraging to see him get pushed around by a freshman. I thought it was a typical Ralph game, a couple very nice blocks or changed socks, a couple poor decisions with the basketball, a nice touch from the outside, and a failure to corral several rebounds in his zone at crucial times in the game.

Rosemountian said:

(Terrible) ???? Not sure what game you watched - he played (well).

Ralph may not have had a great game, but he didn't lose it for us either. Let's enjoy the win.

zambam said:
That's why I described his game as mediocre.
"Mediocre" or "Well"...you like to argue dude...the guy said he played "Terrible". Now go to bed!

At least she showed a little more intensity

ralph didn't play terrible. He got schooled a couple of times in the post but it's not like Zeller is a chump. The one thing I did like was the hard fouls Ralph had. He didn't make it easy on big Z. Zeller had 23 points but you never got the feeling he was dominating the game.. EE gets credit for that too

"Mediocre" or "Well"...you like to argue dude...the guy said he played "Terrible". Now go to bed!
Well is a synonym of good. Like when you are asked "How are you?" it is common for people to say "I am good" when it really should be "I am well." See what I'm saying here?

Well is a synonym of good. Like when you are asked "How are you?" it is common for people to say "I am good" when it really should be "I am well." See what I'm saying here?

Totally wrong. When you say "I am well" it means you are not sick.

The correct answer would be "I am doing well" or "I am good".

The incorrect answer(s) would be:
"I am doing good" or
"I am well".

It's that adverb/adjective thing.

Totally wrong. When you say "I am well" it means you are not sick.

The correct answer would be "I am doing well" ...

The incorrect answer(s) would be:
"I am doing good" or
"I am well".

It's that adverb/adjective thing.

Ya, that damned English language confuses everyone. Oh well. Or is it Oh good?

The easiest thing to do is what I do: "I am fantastic!"

I wish we could recruit a kid like Zeller. Indiana sure has a good looking team. Nice victory for UM.

Ralph played the best game I've seen in awhile. He did the things you need him to do. He led the team in Rebounds, Blks, Stls, and assists. For being the center, that is a very good game. Zeller only out performed him in pts. By the way the Gophers won.

I actually saw him run back on defense full sprint which I had not seen in a while.

Top Bottom