What a rotten tweet by Doogie

Blizzard

Reaction score
Sorry Doogs,

What a shi--y tweet.

Define 'biggest'? On surface, win at Wis. tougher. Ind. way overrated.

Let's try and give some credit where credit is due here.

Just confirms he's another local know-it-all a$$hole media type.

Indiana @ home is in no way overrated, ask Kentucky, Ohio St. And tonights ref's.

Ignoring the fact that I think winning at the #8 team is indeed tougher than beating a 2-3 team that lost to Iowa and got blown out by Michigan, we can't beat Wisconsin on a night when we play Indiana.

I think indiana is overrated too. They are more a 20-40 team than a 1-20 team to me. That being said they are ranked what they are ranked and they've beaten who they've beaten.

That a really quality win when the team badly needed one.

Wisconsin wasn't even rated that year.

Yeah, that was a big win, but no way that win is bigger than this one. IU is overrated, but they also beat the #1 and #2 teams in the country in that same building. You can say they played off, and I think they did, but good gracious, that is ridiculous to even try to downgrade this win.

It's a nice win to be sure and important due to the state of the team, however it's not a huge upset to me. Indiana is seriously flawed.

Indiana has been perfect at home against top of the line talent. Don't undervalue the significance of this win for the psyche of the team.

I see where he's coming from, but come on Doogie. Indiana has proven that they belong, ESPECIALLY with their play at home. Whether or not this win is overrated remains to be seen, but for now, I'm going to sit back and savor the fact that we just beat a resurgent powerhouse on the road for our first Big Ten win. You all should too.

No one cares about Doogie's opinion. Huge win no matter how you look at it. Hopefully a boost in confidence can spike a nice run and get them back in tournament discussion. Man this fees good.

Gopher Warrior said:
It's a nice win to be sure and important due to the state of the team, however it's not a huge upset to me. Indiana is seriously flawed.

Your bias against all things Indiana and Tom Crean would never allow you to be objective here. And I say that agreeing they won't end up #8 and thinking Crean looks like a giant *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#. I think he is going to be in the same category as Bo Ryan before long.

That said, this was a great and necessary win. There is no point in downgrading it in any way tonight.

Now beat Penn St.

espn Gophers are unwelcome houseguests. Minnesota just snapped No. 8 Indiana's perfect record at Assembly Hall: es.pn/yOR502

from espn

Indiana is ranked 8 in the NATION! They beat both Kentucky and Ohio State, 1 and 2! This of course if a way bigger win than at Wisky!

@GophersontheRise -- someone must.

It's called an opinion. Not diminishing winning at Indiana. Was asked if this was Tubby's biggest win and said that winning at Bo's place where they rarely had lost before this year was bigger than tonight. Doesn't mean tonight isn't huge. Just not a believer that Indiana is top-8 material, but they're good, and its future is nice.

Tweet from Doogie......he's just feeling cautious.....

Oh, of course. Saying the win at Wisconsin was bigger doesn't then mean tonight equals little. Be careful making the leap.

a win @indiana is tough to come by no matter how good the hoosiers are! i'm impressed!

@GophersontheRise -- someone must.

It's called an opinion. Not diminishing winning at Indiana. Was asked if this was Tubby's biggest win and said that winning at Bo's place where they rarely had lost before this year was bigger than tonight. Doesn't mean tonight isn't huge. Just not a believer that Indiana is top-8 material, but they're good, and its future is nice.

My bad. Thought you were just trying to downplay the win. Not letting anyone spoil the win for me.

Great win,hope Doogie counts it and by the way our loss against Iowa doesn't count.lol

Zellar must have a season pass to camp in the lane all night. He is a good player but seems to get a lot of calls or non calls.

MotherNight said:
A bigger question, why is anyone following Doogie on twitter?
Doogie is a good guy. Knowledgable in MN sports. Just did not get as excited as the rest of us that's all.

Doogie is a good guy. Knowledgable in MN sports. Just did not get as excited as the rest of us that's all.

psst...life is a lot more fun if you let yourself get excited once in a while. But that seems to be a tough thing for a lot of Minnesota fans to grasp.

+1. I have a lot of respect for Doogie coming on here and defending himself against the angry mob. My adrenaline's pumping too much to think about this win as anything less than massive, though.

Definitely not the biggest win of Tubby's tenure (I would put the wins over MSU and Purdue in the B1G tourney when we NEEDED them to get in the dance at the top followed by the wins over UNC and Louisville on neutal courts), but something has to be said for the way Indiana is playing NOW. They might end up only being the 20-30th best team in the country, but they are not playing that way now. Someone had to "break the seal" so to speak and beat them at Assembly, and that was the Gophers.

Top Bottom