Love for Joe from Tubby

Moonlight

Reaction score
Great to hear Tubby praise Coleman in the post game interview.
Joe had a great game - and yes - made his free throws!

For me, Austin was Gopher player of the game. I wish Zeller was a Gopher.

I loved Austin's game, but Joe iced it for us - stepped up big time as a freshman

Aside from Julian Welch being the Lebron James of the NCAA. This is something we can use to turn our season around.

I loved Austin's game, but Joe iced it for us - stepped up big time as a freshman
The biggest thing I was impressed with was how hard he broke to the ball for the inbounds pass...he really wanted to be the one shooting the free throws.

A true freshman, on the road, against the #8 team in the country, in arguably one of the toughest arenas in the country, and he badly wants the pressure to win the game (or potentially be the goat if he misses them).

That shows you something about the kid.

Aside from Julian Welch being the Lebron James of the NCAA. This is something we can use to turn our season around.
Not quite, James won't hit anything. Welch was hitting some shots.

Coleman is impressive, develop that pull up jumper and he will be unstoppable. They are a different team with Coleman and Williams on the floor at the same time, it really open things up for Austin Hollins also.

Coleman's ability and willingness to penetrate changes the entire flow of our offense, in a very good way.

The more PT he gets the better.

Go Gophers!!

Coleman's ability and willingness to penetrate changes the entire flow of our offense, in a very good way.

Go Gophers!!

Tubby must have seen the tweet........

Austin was good, but had some rough moments too, especially in the shot selection dept.

Joe's 4-4 at the line in crunch time was absolutely clutch. And for a frosh to do that on the road, even more impressive.

This was a win against a very talented IU team, but we have some up and coming talent as well.

Go Gophers!!

Couldn't agree more. Even when he misses he creates scoring opportunities for guys like Rodney who can tip it in.

Austin was good, but had some rough moments too, especially in the shot selection dept.
Some bad shots but they were the only ones Austin missed. Joe had some rough moments as well like when he went straight at Zeller, twice.

Some bad shots but they were the only ones Austin missed. Joe had some rough moments as well like when he went straight at Zeller, twice.
Yep - Austin was 7-10, 2-4 from 3 with ZERO turnovers

Joe's 4-4 at the line in crunch time was absolutely clutch. And for a frosh to do that on the road, even more impressive.

This was a win against a very talented IU team, but we have some up and coming talent as well.

Shot selection was very shaky during a section in that 2nd half, I think both Hollins' put up some really bad long distance shots, and there were a few others in there. Young teams, you gotta kinda live with that and you just hope that once they're older they're taking mostly good shots.

Yep - Austin was 7-10, 2-4 from 3 with ZERO turnovers

Don't get me wrong, I loved Austin's overall play tonight. But airballs may as well be turnovers. Great game by him, although I must admit fouling Zeller at the end there had me cussing.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Austin's overall play tonight. But airballs may as well be turnovers. Great game by him, although I must admit fouling Zeller at the end there had me cussing.
That was not a foul. I did not see him even touch Zeller on the replay.

"@GopherAthletics: Tubby on Joe Coleman: "He's been outstanding. He's taken a leadership role as a freshman. I'm very impressed with Joe."

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom