off to a good start, can they do it for 40 minutes?

notagopherfan

Reaction score
i like what i see so far. They are playing hard but under control. Referees are calling it a little too close though.

Anyone who thinks Ralph does try hard should watch that inbound pass a couple times.

That had nothing to do with not trying hard.

It had everything to do with it. A hardworker concentrates, focuses, and makes a crisp two handed pass instead of lazily lobbing two free points to the Hoosiers with one hand.

It had everything to do with it. A hardworker concentrates, focuses, and makes a crisp two handed pass instead of lazily lobbing two free points to the Hoosiers with one hand.
It was a stupid pass. Anyone other than Zeller wouldn't have gotten that. And some people throw harder with 1 hand.

IU's already cut it to one, but I haven't had a lot of problems with how they've played so far. Hot shooting got them a buffer earlier, but it's probably gonna be nip and tuck most of the way if they plan on winning this game most likely.

Going to go ahead and label these as some of the worst refs we have seen so far this year. The charge by Oto was not a charge and as said about he shouldnt be shooting fts.

Going to go ahead and label these as some of the worst refs we have seen so far this year. The charge by Oto was not a charge and as said about he shouldnt be shooting fts.

Best we have played this year so far. Good effort on both ends. Tubby has them ready tonight.

I'll tell you what, we're playing well, but I think IU's defense is giving the team confidence, cause this has gotta be the most open looks we've seen in conference play.

Good outweighs the bad in the first half. This is the best I've seen Maverick play on the offensive end of the floor. The Gophers are up 3, but should be up a minimum of 7 without the horrendous officiating. The best part of the Gophers effort so far has been limiting Indiana's looks from 3. The Gophers are going to have to continue to shoot the 3 well to win this game.

IU isn't moving the ball much with the pass on offense. It's a lot of one on one and gophers are playing the pick and roll pretty well. They haven't had but 1 or 2 open looks from 3 while minnesota has been getting tons of open looks from 3. Oto needs to knock his down. He had 2 pretty good looks that weren't even close. He's better than that.

@JBBauer612 J.B. Bauer
1st half stats: 32 poss; #Gophers-#iubb score 37-34; eFG% 60.7-40.4 TOrate 19.1-21.8 OR% 28.6-46.7 FTrate 10.7-50.0

#iubb is shooting poorly, but getting o-rebs & to the line. #Gophers won't have a 20%+ adv in eFG in 2nd half.

GARBAGE refs! Easily the worst this year, and maybe a couple years from what I can remember. Absolutely horrendous. 13 Gopher team fouls to 6 for Indiana. IU has shot 13 free throws to our 3. And it's not that we're hacking. The refs are just trash. Both charge calls were horrible. Indiana has scored after a couple of uncalled blatant travels. By my count, the refs have caused a 10 point swing in favor of IU on obvious blown calls. So steamed right now, you guys.

Good half from the Gophs, and the lead should be bigger. Playing hard and attacking a zone. Can't really complain about our play, outside a couple of bonehead plays (Ralph and Oto). Let's keep it up!

bga1 said:
Best we have played this year so far. Good effort on both ends. Tubby has them ready tonight.

All part of his master plan to take an 0-4 team to being #1 in the nation. And solidify him as the Best. Coach. Ever.

IU isn't moving the ball much with the pass on offense. It's a lot of one on one and gophers are playing the pick and roll pretty well. They haven't had but 1 or 2 open looks from 3 while minnesota has been getting tons of open looks from 3. Oto needs to knock his down. He had 2 pretty good looks that weren't even close. He's better than that.

Oto needed to not shoot that last one- dumb. We were lucky not to get burned there. It would have been a crime to have given them momentum at the half.

Another blown call...that ball hit the baseline last touched by Verdell Jones

I'm sure IU's having a bad game, but they just don't look good defensively at all, very undisciplined it seems.

And now Austin Hollins is feelin it, that's a VERY good sign.

I don't want to jinx anything---

When was the last time we beat a top 10 ranked team in conference play?

Since I was critical of him earlier, I think it is only fair to give Ralph some praise for great hustle on a great block of Zeller. Kudos Ralph, keep that play up.

Top Bottom