Big Ten records since 1/10/11

anonymous

Reaction score
Most teams have played 18 or 19 conference games plus whatever they played in last March's conference tournament.

It isn't pretty folks. And this Gophers total includes the four straight wins before the horrible slide at the end of last season.

Totals include the 2011 Big Ten Tournament

1. Ohio State 19-3
2. Purdue 13-6
3. Wisconsin 12-8
4. Michigan 12-9
5. Michigan State 12-9
6. Penn State 11-11
7. Illinois 9-11
8. Northwestern 8-11
9. Indiana 6-13
10. Iowa 6-14
11. Minnesota 5-14

When you lose 13 of 14 games, yeah, your record is gonna suck horribly.

Has there ever been a more competitive 5-14 team? It's ridiculous how many wins this team choked away. A tad depressing really. It's sad to watch. I could cite at least 10 games in that stretch that could have been W's with just one or two plays being made. Split those in half and you still have a 10-9 team at least. That's what makes this team so frustrating. They do just enough in virtually every game to mess it up in the end.

It's also why I have at least a glimmer of hope that this thing can turn around in the coming weeks/in future seasons. A guy like Joe Coleman, showing what he's showing gives hope. Andre Hollins, as bad as his decision making is, is a smart kid who could eventually figure it out. Eliason looks like a kid who could be a factor in a year or two. They're rather young now with all the defections, so the mistakes being made at least yield some hope that in the future, they will be cut down, which will lead to those necessary one or two plays actually being made, rather than botching it up once again.

Or it just continues to fall apart and it all just caves in one big mess and we have more defections. But as a fan, I'll just root for the prior and hope it doesn't come to the latter.

wait, we've sucked since the start of last Big Ten season? No sh!t!! Thanks Captain Obvious!! What's next, a breakdown of the Wolves record vs the division since KG left? A breakdown of the Vikes record over the past two seasons?

Top Bottom