Coleman

Block M

Reaction score
This kid has a BRIGHT future. Not only does he have the athleticism and substantial skill, this kid has the ATTITUDE needed to win at this level. Given the season is likely a bust (some of us recognized this the minute Mbakwe went down), Tubby needs to give him 20 min per game. Same goes for Armelin, Andre Hollins, and Otto. Austin Hollins play has been underwhelming this season; Ralph has finally found the dog house (deservedly) and Mav is not good enough to be a starting PG in the B10. Tubby needs to go with the players that are the future of the program plus Rodney, who I have so much more respect for based on his play since Trevor went down.

Go Gophs!

+1
I couldn't agree more. Coleman was about the only positive from the game today that I saw and I agree with everything else.

I agree

Sampson doesn't give enough effort, Austin Hollins isn't physical enough, he is a perimeter player that hasn't shot the ball very well.

This kid has a BRIGHT future. Not only does he have the athleticism and substantial skill, this kid has the ATTITUDE needed to win at this level. Given the season is likely a bust (some of us recognized this the minute Mbakwe went down), Tubby needs to give him 20 min per game. Same goes for Armelin, Andre Hollins, and Otto. Austin Hollins play has been underwhelming this season; Ralph has finally found the dog house (deservedly) and Mav is not good enough to be a starting PG in the B10. Tubby needs to go with the players that are the future of the program plus Rodney, who I have so much more respect for based on his play since Trevor went down.

Go Gophs!

Bingo!

wels0081 said:
+1
I couldn't agree more. Coleman was about the only positive from the game today that I saw and I agree with everything else.

I thought Andre played pretty well. I like his future.

I thought Andre played pretty well. I like his future.
Perhaps...but his 4 TO's were pretty ugly. Just doesn't seem to have the right decision-making mind yet...ie a number of times he should've made bounce passes to posts on the block from the lane because the defender's arms were outstretched, but he tried a chest pass and turned it over.

+1
Oh ya, Rodney 19 and 14 was just terrible.

Perhaps...but his 4 TO's were pretty ugly. Just doesn't seem to have the right decision-making mind yet...ie a number of times he should've made bounce passes to posts on the block from the lane because the defender's arms were outstretched, but he tried a chest pass and turned it over.

The numerous turnovers is the most frustrating part of the games for me. But I'm starting to think that you can't blame Andre for those as they are more a part of Tubby's "offense". The lack of flow or any kind of offense is making the guards force passes while trying to create anything. The team/coach doesn't seem to value possessions that much, as turnovers don't seem to be an issue. They haven't been able to cut down on them over the years, even during the lowly non-con schedule.

ShowinGoldyLove said:

Sorry, let me clarify. He played hard, he tried to make passes, he's trying to grow and be a PG and he plays his butt off. And IMO, I liked seeing him get out there and work. And I'd like to see him play way more than Mav.

Agree mostly

Agree w.most of what was said. Rodney is finally taking on a leadership role and playing very aggressive. Nice to see him reach his potential. Despite his reckless decision-making at times I'd like to see more dre hollins...real spark plug. Hustles on D and is one of our few players (Coleman too) that can actually beat a guy one on one and create. He improves his passing and he'd be a starting B10 PG. Ralph has aggravated me since day one bc his head rarely seems to be in the game and he plays like a p ussy. Otto is a very promising player and I hope he sees more minutes in the future. All of our guys have some great attributes but they are only pieces and our team has absolutely zero identity.....o yea and our defense is often horrendous. Every single player on our team gets beat off the dribble like crazy. For a coach that supposedly values defense, we play pretty terrible perimeter D.

The minutes distribution was a lot better tonight in my opinion. Coleman is going to be a very good player for us.

If it were me, I'd like to see minutes broken down like this the rest of the year:

Sampson: 20-25
EE: 15-20
Williams: 30
Oto: 10
Coleman: 20-25
Austin Hollins: 20-25
Welch: 25-30
Armelin: 5-25 (he's kinda a wildcard, some games he looks great, some he looks awful)
Andre Hollins: 25
Ahanmisi: 15

I think Austin Hollins will be fine. There's no doubt he has a lot more confidence this year than last. His shot looks better, he's just had a bad stretch the past five games or so.

He also doesn't turn the ball over, and he creates turnovers.

Go Gophs!

I agree - I think JC will be a stud in the conference. Good job recruiting this kid tubby.

Top Bottom