Gophers to Collect Donations on Sunday for Jack Jablonski Fund‏

GopherLady

Reaction score
Per U fo MN communications:

Gophers to Collect Donations on Sunday for Jack Jablonski Fund

Gopher student athletes and Minnesota representatives will be at the main entrances to Williams Arena Sunday collecting cash donations for the Jack Jablonski Fund as fans enter the building. Donations will also be collected at this evening's Gopher hockey game against Notre Dame at Mariucci Arena.

Jablonski, a 16-year-old sophomore at Benilde-St. Margaret's, was severely injured last week when he was checked from behind in a local high school hockey game.

According to a post on Jablonski's CaringBridge.com site he had successful surgery on Wednesday to fuse his vertebrae, but, "Has limited mobility and no movement in his lower body. As we feared, he will not be able to walk or skate. This news is devastating to Jack and everyone who loves him. Our hope and dream is that he will be able to prove this prognosis wrong."

Fans are also able to send a donation to the Jack Jablonski Fund, P.O. Box 16387, St. Louis Park, MN 55416-2618. In addition, fans can also make a donation at any Wells Fargo Bank and should mention the "Jack Jablonski Fund" when doing so.

Thanks, GL. We'll be ready to contribute tomorrow!

Thanks, GL. We'll be ready to contribute tomorrow!

Very generous of you, Moonlight!

Gopher Athletics tweeted: Over $7500 raised at Mariucci tonight for the Jack Jablonski Fund! - which is great!

why did the MSHSL not allow him on the ice at the end of the game, nor announce his name for a medal?

crazy stupid.

Did they not allow him or was it the Jablonski family not wanting to take the spotlight off the team?

I saw a couple of tweets suggest that because Jabs was not on the varsity roster, he does not qualify for the medal. It sounds like he was part of the locker room celebration afterwards, though. Again, according to some tweets I read. Certainly, I have no first hand knowledge of the situation.

I saw a couple of tweets suggest that because Jabs was not on the varsity roster, he does not qualify for the medal. It sounds like he was part of the locker room celebration afterwards, though. Again, according to some tweets I read. Certainly, I have no first hand knowledge of the situation.

I think that's the reason. Last Wednesday night at Mariucci after their 5-1 win over Tonka in the section final, Jabo wheeled out onto the ice. He partook in the handshake line as best he could while everyone in the stands was going nuts.

However, his name was not read during the awards ceremony, and I think your comment was right on. Jabo was not on the varsity roster. That said, one of the student managers, upon receipt of his medal, promptly walked over and put the medal on Jack.

Top Bottom