Ok no more complaining about B1G refs

That's just pathetic. Those refs should lose their jobs.

I reffed a 9th grade girls game last night and we had that situation for a few seconds til I noticed it- but I am using the excuse that the visiting team brought the wrong jerseys and everyone was wearing white. It is much easier to count to 5 twice than 10 once.

Article about possible suspensions: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7430964/officials-face-suspension-failing-call-technical-foul-louisiana-lafayette-having-six-players-court

"There are a whole bunch of times where there are six or seven guys on the court and it is technically a violation of the rule," Wood said. "You can blow the whistle and stop the play. But you can't go to the monitor and do it retroactively."

My question is, why can't you go to the monitor? Of all things, you'd think that would be one you could "double-check."

Retiring Sun Belt commissioner Wright Waters told ESPN.com Thursday night that he was told that the sixth player isn't involved in the play.

Doesn't matter, maybe that extra guy being out there prevented a defender from being in position to stop the player driving at the end.

"This probably happens more than we realize," Waters said. "Coaches are on the court, too. If the official had stopped it then it upsets the flow of the final seconds of the game. But we wish it wouldn't have happened."

Really? I would think having too many players on the floor would "upset the flow of the final seconds of the game." It looks like he's trying to downplay it.

I caught the end of that game on TV last night, and I didn't even notice it. Certainly can't fathom the refs not noticing it.

It sure looks like the a few WKU fans in the front row noticed it.

The best? worst? part is that the ULL guy with the ball didn't realize it either. He has two wide open teammates and won't pass the ball. Devoesque.

And WKU just fired their coach. Semi-hilarious, but what is he supposed to do if the refs can't count either.

One of the cardinal rules for us as refs is COUNT THE PLAYERS!!! If there is a too-many-players technical foul it is OUR fault.

Top Bottom