Should Joe Coleman be getting more playing time?

Should Joe Coleman be getting more playing time?

• Yes.

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • His playing time is about right.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • No, he should be playing less.

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

ShowinGoldyLove

Reaction score
Since a number of folks seem to disagree on this one, I thought I'd pose the poll above to the board.

Since a number of folks seem to disagree on this one, I thought I'd pose the question to the board.

Yes. Time to go Jerry Kill with this deal. Kill saw that the older players wouldn't buy in OR were not the future and he went with the young guys and lived with the errors. By year end fans started seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Andre Hollins and Coleman are your two big time recruits. Time to develop them, cut 'em loose, watch them screw up and then watch them get better. I'm sick of watching Tubby playing it safe with Maverick and losing.

Absolutely no excuse for him to be playing only 10 minutes per game. 20-25 minutes sounds about right to me.

I didn't sense a disagreement on this one actually. It seemed like most thought he needed more time, specifically in yesterday's game. He's definitely improved from earlier in the year.

I like Coleman, a lot. He's actually my favorite Gopher player now that Mbakwe is hobbled. I'd love to see him get around 13-16 minutes a game right now though, just a bit more than the 10-12 he seems to routinely get. Offensively, he's the most aggressive guy to the rim we have, but he's still a bit of a defensive liability. Remember those two 3's Gatens drained right before the half? Coleman was chasing him and late to get even much of a hand up in his face. Once his 'D' gets a little more reliable, I say cut him lose for 20 minutes.

Of course, once he start playing more there will be a faction on here complaining that he's too much of a chucker, and the Larry Westbrook comparisons will start...

Coleman has the most potential of any underclassmen on that basketball team. I would like to see him play a majority of the game.

I agree. More Coleman less mav. Also when Iowa went into their zone and made us win from outside, why not play oto a few more minutes.

I agree. More Coleman less mav. Also when Iowa went into their zone and made us win from outside, why not play oto a few more minutes.
Did you watch the game? He was shown on the sideline in street clothes.

Totally agree with this thread...I've seen enough of Mav to realize he's not going to make the Gophers better. I'd like to sink or swim the rest of the season with anybody but Mav on the court. Give me Dre, give me Chip, Give me Joe, Give me Julian...Mav had his chance and he didn't get it done. Let's move on, please!

I'm fine with Maverick getting minutes, just not at times when we really need to score. Andre Hollins is a much bigger scoring threat. Dre should have been in the game in the final few minutes when we were down.

Coleman has the most potential of any underclassmen on that basketball team. I would like to see him play a majority of the game.

I like Coleman and he'll be fine defensively just like his relatives were. But EE has head and shoulders the most potential on the team. I have Huge Mo second with admittedly too few minutes to properly judge. I think the future looks very bright. Lets turn Joe and EE loose!

Top Bottom