i get the frustration with tubby and the team right now guys....BUT

supadupafly

Reaction score
look, i am not happy with him or the team either. it is UNACCEPTABLE the lack of talent and depth on this roster 5 years in regardless of the internal and external issues the last couple seasons relating to transfers, the royce white situation, injuries, etc. BUT rants about how he needs to go now are pretty worthless at this point. it would be helpful for your mental psyche and actually getting some sleep tonight rather than tossing & turning to just understand that tubby is NOT going anywhere as long as joel maturi is still around. and even then, it is probably unrealistic to think that tubby is going to be fired.

right? wrong? don't really know. but all these posts about firing tubby are truly going to be nothing more than a cathartic release for some of you.

carry on........

You are probably right, but come on! Tubby has no offense, players constantly are afraid of drawing any contact at all and end up settling for MJ jump shots...

Tubby either does not like offense, or he does not know a good shooter when he sees one...Hmm maybe he recruits these kids based on how they shoot in their own backyard...None of these guys can consistently make a big three point shot that any other good B1G 10 team could make.

Oh yeah and then all of the turnovers...silly silly Junior Varsity mistakes.

I would give Tubby until the end of this season to prove that he can salvage a team here in Minnesota. If we fail to make the NCAA, which is a probability at this point, fire Tubby, and get rid of Maturi, and find a coach who would come here for a lower salary and do a much better job...Brad Stevens?

Any coach that can recruit a couple of shooters is a better idea right now. If 6-12, 5-13 is all we are capable of ,we should have kept Molinari at a 100K.

akoch6767 said:
You are probably right, but come on! Tubby has no offense, players constantly are afraid of drawing any contact at all and end up settling for MJ jump shots...

Tubby either does not like offense, or he does not know a good shooter when he sees one...Hmm maybe he recruits these kids based on how they shoot in their own backyard...None of these guys can consistently make a big three point shot that any other good B1G 10 team could make.

Oh yeah and then all of the turnovers...silly silly Junior Varsity mistakes.

I would give Tubby until the end of this season to prove that he can salvage a team here in Minnesota. If we fail to make the NCAA, which is a probability at this point, fire Tubby, and get rid of Maturi, and find a coach who would come here for a lower salary and do a much better job...Brad Stevens?

Lol brad Stevens???? He'd probably cost triple the price of Tubby. Not to mention that he just signed a huge extension with butler and is one of the most sought after coaches in the country. I'm pissed about the loss too, but if you honestly think MN could ever get brad Stevens without making him one of the highest paid coach in the country, you are on a lot of drugs.

look, i am not happy with him or the team either. it is UNACCEPTABLE the lack of talent and depth on this roster 5 years in regardless of the internal and external issues the last couple seasons relating to transfers, the royce white situation, injuries, etc. BUT rants about how he needs to go now are pretty worthless at this point. it would he helpful for your mental psyche to just understand that tubby is NOT going anywhere as long as joel maturi is still around. and even then, it is probably unrealistic to think that tubby is going to be fired.

right? wrong? don't really know. but all these posts about firing tubby are truly going to be nothing more than a cathartic release for some of you.

carry on........

This. Alas, this.

We are on the precupice of falling in the really deep doo-doo. I really thought it would implode after TM's knee blew out. But they won a few games and in the process moved the ball, and shared, and apparently - fooled me. We were shockingly poor again rebounding the ball.

Until Maturi is gone, nothing will - nor should - happen re: TS.

Trying and vexing times, to say the least.

I get Monson vibes from Stevens. He is in a great situation that is the perfect fit form him, and he won't do better in a less perfect scenario.

There is no way we could get Stevens. He is under contract til like 2021 and basically every year is extended another year.

Blah Blah Blah .....Tubby Tubby Tubby it's all Tubbys fault.....

Lol brad Stevens???? He'd probably cost triple the price of Tubby.
Um, no.

I'm indifferent on Stevens, but if we paid him triple the price of Tubby he'd be the highest paid collegiate coach in the country by far. Based on the info I've seen, Tubby is already paid much more than Stevens as it is.

Um, no.

I'm indifferent on Stevens, but if we paid him triple the price of Tubby he'd be the highest paid collegiate coach in the country by far.
You didn't see my post did you? The guy is under contract until sometime in the 2020s and is extended basically every year. We'd have to pay him a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#-ton just so he could pay the buyout of that contract.

Blah Blah Blah .....Tubby Tubby Tubby it's all Tubbys fault....

You are absolutely correct. The buck starts and stops with the head man. His players, his scheme, his program. 1-13 in his last 14 conf. games. It doesnt take a genius.

You didn't see my post did you? The guy is under contract until sometime in the 2020s and is extended basically every year. We'd have to pay him a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#-ton just so he could pay the buyout of that contract.

It's fine, the team can just fly commercial every game for the next 10 years to make up the difference.

I suppose I overlooked how Butler has been to two national championships under Stevens...all doing this with low grade recruits...This guy can develop players really well, but the U probably would never consider paying a coach any more than they are paying Smith right now.

It's frustrating. Let's let the season play out. Tubby has issues right now, but Time Miles and Flip Saunders are not God, and Brad Steven's isn't walking through that door.

Top Bottom