NIT Tubby needs to go.

akoch6767

Reaction score
I know he still has 3 years left on his contract, but it is easy to see now that he has put together a pathetic team who lacks any enthusiasm on the court. Plain and simple Tubby is overpaid and needs to be replaced by somebody who costs far less, and could probably do a better job.

For those who say Tubby should finish out his contract because he gets solid recruits, and he is the only coach that we will ever have that can get solid players in here...Well look at the team he has assembled now in his 5th season...pathetic completely pathetic...

I was a big fan of the Tubby Smith hire, but now it seems that this team is a complete joke, and could be for a few years to come under Smith.

Am I being ignorant, or do we all think alike here?

Thoughts...?

I was a big fan of the Tubby Smith hire, but now it seems that this team is a complete joke

That is the sad part. I was also excited about the hire. I figured by year 4-5 we would be a top 5 B10 Ten team. However, the reality is we will be fighting PSU and Neb. for the cellar. Its very sad and frustrating.

I agree with OP.

Gophers have lost 12 of last 13 Big Ten games.

All I've heard for three years is such and such player IS GOING TO DEVELOP.

No point guard. No Stars. No offense.

Tubby doesn't have the players he needs to run his offense yet he is far too stubborn to change his ways and it shows. No adjustments made in game. Iowas guards continued to blow by our defenders and there was never anyone near the hoop to assist. Why? Because they pulled the rest of their players away from the hoop. Didn't we start with a zone which seemed to be working fine?

Stocker,

I would also say that Tubby is the most stubborn coach I have ever seen. The zone was working out pretty good, and then he rags on kids for making 1 stupid mistake. I really liked how Coleman played out there for a while...Maybe Tubby could realize he has a developing probable star in Coleman and play him more. Tubby instead decides to stick with Austin Hollins who could not hit the broad side of a barn from beyond the arc.

Less substitutions, and I think this bunch would find a flow.

stocker08 said:
Tubby doesn't have the players he needs to run his offense yet he is far too stubborn to change his ways and it shows. No adjustments made in game. Iowas guards continued to blow by our defenders and there was never anyone near the hoop to assist. Why? Because they pulled the rest of their players away from the hoop. Didn't we start with a zone which seemed to be working fine?

He had the players but one was fighting with a security guard at the mall - another had issues with grades and yet another had knee surgery.

Top Bottom