Completely embarrassed by this team

EG#9

Reaction score
What a joke. You've lost 8 (EIGHT!!!!!!) conference games in a row and you have cupcake on your home floor and you can't get an f'ing win? Tubby Smith, your teams still can't play against a zone? You STILL haven't recruited a go to offensive player? You are earning 2 million a year and look to be on pace to match last years 6-12 Big Ten record?

I couldn't be more disappointed in Tubby Smith or where he has the program right now, and if we had an A.D. in place I would advocate making a change at the end of the year.

Oh and there's not "time" to turn this around. If you are 0-2 in the conference and come home and lose your home opener to Iowa, you're not going anywhere.

Glad f'ing Maverick took the last shot again. Brilliant.

What a joke. You've lost 8 (EIGHT!!!!!!) conference games in a row and you have cupcake on your home floor and you can't get an f'ing win? Tubby Smith, your teams still can't play against a zone? You STILL haven't recruited a go to offensive player? You are earning 2 million a year and look to be on pace to match last years 6-12 Big Ten record?

I couldn't be more disappointed in Tubby Smith or where he has the program right now, and if we had an A.D. in place I would advocate making a change at the end of the year.

Oh and there's not "time" to turn this around. If you are 0-2 in the conference and come home and lose your home opener to Iowa, you're not going anywhere.

Glad f'ing Maverick took the last shot again. Brilliant.
Mav took the last shot cause no one was even making a move to get the ball. And to be fair this team had just beat #11 WI at home, not exactly a cupcake.

I want to know why exactly we continued with a man to man defensive scheme. Their guards simply drove directly into the lane every possession. Where is the zone?

Time to clean house with Badger Joel and Tubby. Need a HC that can recruit scorers and jump-shooters.

I'm sure Tubby will blame the players for not playing his way.

Mav took the last shot cause no one was even making a move to get the ball. And to be fair this team had just beat #11 WI at home, not exactly a cupcake.

They also lost by TWENTY at home against Campbell. This was as much of a cupcake as there is in a BCS conference. Wisconsin had a bad game shooitng 3-26 from 3. Minnesota HAD to win this game at 0-2 (and 0-8 going back to last year) and they didn't get it done. If you can't see a difference, I honestly can't help you.

to be fair they just lost at home as a 8 1/2 point favorite. just stop with the excuses. this is simply an awful team and a program that has regressed in Tubby's 4 plus years.

to be fair they just lost at home as a 8 1/2 point favorite. just stop with the excuses. this is simply an awful team and a program that has regressed in Tubby's 4 plus years.
Where did I say we shouldn't have won? I just don't agree with calling Iowa a complete cupcake. WI probably felt the same.

I'm strongly in the fire tubby camp. Strongly. This sh!t isn't getting better anytime soon. He's .0000000000000001% better than Monson and that ain't good enough. Williams will be a funeral home once again this year

I'm strongly in the fire tubby camp. Strongly. This sh!t isn't getting better anytime soon. He's .0000000000000001% better than Monson and that ain't good enough. Williams will be a funeral home once again this year

I agree that I've seen enough to know the Gophers are never going to get anywhere with Tubby. But you cannot even think about getting rid of Tubby until BADger Joel is gone. I can't sit though another one of his "search committee" coaching searches.

Clearly no one thinks beating WI had anything to do with Iowa, just WI beating itself.

Give it up. I dont care if Iowa just beat the Miami heat. Tubby is 1-13 in his last 14 B10 games. Its ovah.

Clearly no one thinks beating WI had anything to do with Iowa, just WI beating itself.

i would agree that iowa is a much better team this season than they have been the last 3 or 4 seasons. but not sure if they are so much better that we shouldn't still beat them 9 out of 10 times. and frankly, i don't think becky badger is that good of a b-ball team this year. was iowa's win against them a quality win? sure, it was a good win. but this is not the same becky badger type of team we have seen excel a 2 or 3 times over the last 11 years.

I agree that I've seen enough to know the Gophers are never going to get anywhere with Tubby. But you cannot even think about getting rid of Tubby until BADger Joel is gone. I can't sit though another one of his "search committee" coaching searches.

THIS is the issue. We are so f'd as a fanbase right now because we haven't addressed the A.D. issue. Nothing but the status quo can happen until Maturi "retires" in June. We have to endure at least one more season of Tubby even if he goes 5-13 in conference play.

It's not time for the firing squad, but this was a bad loss. The red light has officially come on for Tubby's tenure.

THIS is the issue. We are so f'd as a fanbase right now because we haven't addressed the A.D. issue. Nothing but the status quo can happen until Maturi "retires" in June. We have to endure at least one more season of Tubby even if he goes 5-13 in conference play.

I would LOVE 5-13

We sucked last season,but the Hawkeyes sucked a lot more. To have them come in to Williams and out-work and out-hustle the Gophers is not acceptable.

Nothing but the status quo can happen until Maturi "retires" in June.

We can only hope that this actually happens. There have been so many beating around the bush quotes from MACturi that I'm not fully convinced that he's actually leaving. I just hope that Prez K knows whats going on, and is simply letting Joel leave "gracefully" by "letting him retire" instead of outright canning him now.

We sucked last season,but the Hawkeyes sucked a lot more. To have them come in to Williams and out-work and out-hustle the Gophers is not acceptable.
Again, WHERE DID I SAY THAT IT IS

Everybody calm down. As Gopher fans, you should know how this will all turn out:
The BB team will manage a 7-11 B10 season, and Tubby will get a "pass" because of Trevor.
BADger Joel will sign an extension for another few years, because, that is just our luck.
Lastly, we will keep on going deeper and deeper into mediocrity until the Barn truly becomes a morgue, because Joel will end up having to lease Barn lofts as burial plots to raise money for an addition to the rowing team's boat house.

zambam said:
This is beginning to look like a real possibility the way Washington's season is going.

I was kidding.

Do we know this? Maybe it has been, maybe JM is done and trying to exit gracefully. We could have a new AD in before June.

Wishful thinking?

Out worked, out hustled. Where is the fundamental rebounding work? Someone please block out on rebounds.................................

Top Bottom