This is pathetic and downright strange

MaroonGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Tubby Smith's Minnesota Gophers are 100% pathetic. Watching this team is a bizarre experience. Rarely do you see a team so undisciplined and inept in EVERY facet of the game, and I mean EVERY facet. Name one aspect of the Gophers' offense that is in any way effective. Just one.

Tubby Smith's Minnesota Gophers are 100% pathetic. Watching this team is a bizarre experience. Rarely do you see a team so undisciplined and inept in EVERY facet of the game, and I mean EVERY facet. Name one aspect of the Gophers' offense that is in any way effective. Just one.
LOL! Every facet of the game huh? What is so inept about the defense other than the 3 pt. D?

zambam said:
LOL! Every facet of the game huh? What is so inept about the defense other than the 3 pt. D?

3 pt D has been pretty good today even. If Michigan is only beating a "pathetic" team by 4. They must be pretty horrendous too.

It is tough to watch their offensive challenged shots ... The defense is great but we should be 12 points ahead if we could make anything. It seems we get too much concerned about getting the ball inside instead of just taking some shots. Hoping for a good 2ns half - At least they only lead by 4...

Very good defense so far, if they keep that up they have a chance. Welsh and Sampson haven't contributed very much. Armelin missed a couple in the lane I thought he would make. They need one guy to get hot.

We are playing pretty poorly offensively and shooting 30%. We are lucky though that Michigan is only shooting 28% in the first half and is only 50% from the free throw line.

Only thing inept about the D is that Mav is on Burke.

Don't know what the turnover number is, but it seems like we haven't taken good care of the ball.

John Galt said:
Don't know what the turnover number is, but it seems like we haven't taken good care of the ball.

Only 10 TOs. Getting killed on 2nd/3rd chance points.

I don't understand the line-up right now. Down 7 w/ 6 minutes left, and all the reserves in? Hope it works...

We're making Burke look like Jesus Shuttlesworth

I don't understand the line-up right now. Down 7 w/ 6 minutes left, and all the reserves in? Hope it works...

Tubby forces himself into those lineups because he's terrible on subsitutions. We are the only team I see where you have whole new units in. He played the first unit for over 9 minutess starting the second half.

Hardaway Jr. looks and plays nothing like his dad. It's almost like they are complete opposites.

Our defense is good enough to keep us in games, but the offense isn't good enough to finish them out. Hopefully we can get on track at home this week.

We have no one that can make a clutch shot right now. I do not know why Ahanmisi was out there the last three minutes. he cannot shoot still and was a liability on the offensive end.

When we weredown one and had the ball Ralph seem to have good position with the ball for a shot but passed it out with little time on the shot clock - that to me was our last chance.

Ralph sure didn't seem as aggressive today as he did against Illinois. I think he passed up some good shots and hurt us.

We outscored mich by 6 pts from 3 pt land. That has to be a first.

We need a point guard badly. Mav is a back-up. Dre doesn't have a point guard bone in his body. A solid pg takes control of those last two possessions.

We don't lose that game with Mbakwe. We got crushed on the boards and had only 8 FT attempts.

Home court will be vital all season.

We need a point guard badly. Mav is a back-up. Dre doesn't have a point guard bone in his body. A solid pg takes control of those last two possessions.

+1000. We are essentially playing 4 on 5 when Mav is in there. Need to find a way for Julian to play point and one of Chip, Joe or Oto to replace Maverick.

+1000. We are essentially playing 4 on 5 when Mav is in there. Need to find a way for Julian to play point and one of Chip, Joe or Oto to replace Maverick.

I think Mav is just fine as a back-up. I don't have any problem with him getting some minutes. We just don't have anyone else to replace him. Julian is just like Dre in the sense that neither have the natural feel to the position imo.

Top Bottom