Mbakwe surgery goes 'very well,' Tubby Smith says

Not to be sarcastic, but seeing how 'well' both AP and Mbakwe's ACL surgeries went today, can anyone tell me the last time they saw an article saying 'X's ACL surgery went poorly, all are concerned'? It seems that the surgery always goes 'well' and it means little for the recovery.

Not to be sarcastic, but seeing how 'well' both AP and Mbakwe's ACL surgeries went today, can anyone tell me the last time they saw an article saying 'X's ACL surgery went poorly, all are concerned'? It seems that the surgery always goes 'well' and it means little for the recovery.
Went well meaning there were no complications I assume.

There days its easier\faster to come back from a knee surgery then a concussion.

I think if the patient wakes up the doctor considers the surgery to have gone as well as could be expected.:)

I think if the patient wakes up the doctor considers the surgery to have gone as well as could be expected.

No doubt...because if the patient didn't wake up, he/she wouldn't know the damned difference.

No doubt...because if the patient didn't wake up, he/she wouldn't know the damned difference.

As the father of 3 daughters, you are a pervert based upon your cheerleader comment in the other thread and your past stalking of Nadine

I sure hope that you are wrong about that. I just went through hip replacement a couple of weeks ago and the doctor told my family and me that the surgery went well. I know that I woke up but the doctor told us he hasn't lost anyone yet. I assume the ACL surgeon has not lost too many either. It simply means that there were no complications and rehap expectations are positive.

I think if the patient wakes up the doctor considers the surgery to have gone as well as could be expected.:)

You forgot about other "complications" that could be result in the surgery "not going well"

A. Operated on the wrong leg
B. Amputation required
C. Left something behind
D. Committed an "oops" and severed an extra ligament

ACL repair is pretty routine these days. Their is risk involved in every surgery, especially with anesthesia involved, but a young guy in good health with a good surgeon is probably safer than he was driving to the hospital. Bad drivers, etc.

You forgot about other "complications" that could be result in the surgery "not going well"

A. Operated on the wrong leg
B. Amputation required
C. Left something behind
D. Committed an "oops" and severed an extra ligament

All of which would not be shocking given this is a Gopher athlete.

Good point. You rarely hear a surgeon describe his work as less than optimal, particularly for routine repairs. It's now up to the patient to recover right. What concerns me with TM's injury, was the apparent benign incident that caused it. Hoping there's no inherent issue with the joints. The kid certainly deserves a dose of good luck.

I remember the glowing and optimistic reports about Liriano's "successful" Tommy John Surgery back in 2006...The point is, nobody can claim success until the athlete in question is back and performing at his peak levels. Doctors all give the same cliches because they are getting free advertising and who would ever admit to anything less than "successful" surgery?

Top Bottom