I know it is a couple of months late, but

calminnfan

Reaction score
in the ACC/Big Ten challenge, in years past when the ACC was dominating the challenge, there was always a buildup of how great the ACC was and how wannabee the BT was. This year the BT blew the ACC away and it was hardly brought up.

I know it is late, but for some reason I started thinking about it this morning.

I know. East coast bias.

B1G dominates the challenge for third straight year and leading in efficiency for second straight year and gets little to no credit with the talking heads.

All the more reason the P12/B1G new agreements will be important. And that will mean more B1G teams making it out here to West coast.

ACC/Big 10

I know. East coast bias.

B1G dominates the challenge for third straight year and leading in efficiency for second straight year and gets little to no credit with the talking heads.

All the more reason the P12/B1G new agreements will be important. And that will mean more B1G teams making it out here to West coast.

Actually, the Big 10 hardly dominated the challenge the previous 2 years, they won 6-5 both times.

B1G whoop.

It's probably because the ACC won the first 9 or 10 in a row.

It's probably because the ACC won the first 9 or 10 in a row.

That's kinda the point...9-10 years of ACC winning it (and not always in dominating fashion, btw) and every year the glory and dominance of the ACC was thrown at us. The last few years the BT has won it, with this last year clearly dominate, and barely a whiff of applause or recognition. That's the point!!!

Basketball-wise, a challenge (or something resembling one) with another conference would be a refreshing change. The Pac 12 makes sense; same amount of teams (12), same Father network (Fox), Rose Bowl buddies (most) every New Year's Day, and let's be honest, they're far & away the top 2 conferences in America when you combine academics/athletics, not that we haven't had our our foibles. The Pac 12 is the major conference most similar to the B1G.

If they start it in 2012-13, the Gophers are already set with our game @ USC. I'm sure that would be one of the 12 matchups.

Since they both have contrcacts with ESPN now, I'm guessing the Big 10/Pac 10 will do whatever Bristol wants them to do.

Top Bottom