Colton Iverson suspended 5 games.....

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
For Myers Leonard's elbow to Ahanmisi. SERIOUSLY, how quickly do you think Ol' Colt would've been rung up for a T by Eddie H if he had thrown that elbow, especially with some of the BS he has pulled this year. What a joke.

In addition, how do you not call the foul on the shoulder block on Austin Hollins at the end of the 1st overtime? He was nearly knocked down with a clear path to the basket.....grrrrrrr.

I'm sure the video tape has already been sent into conference officials and Colt's suspension will be immediate and harsh.

So true.

I hate Leonard. It's not even because of the elbow. Maybe it is because his name is Myers Leonard? He is my new Brian Cardinal.

Lol .. will Iverson never learn. He can run but not hide from the long arm of Eddie Hightower.

Colton Iverson suspended 5 games.....

This just in...Iverson has been barred from participating in any and all future Big Ten matchups. So sad.

I posted it in another thread, but I'll put it hear as well...I wish the NCAA would add another section to the rules titled "rules for the final seconds of regulation and overtime." That would have been called a foul 95% of the time if it was the middle of the game. They call the game totally different in the final seconds and I think that is stupid. I understand maybe not calling a ticky-tack foul but that was so obvious.

Not the reason we lost by any means but I've never understood the argument "you can't make that call there". If it's a foul, call it no matter what time of game it is.

I posted it in another thread, but I'll put it hear as well...I wish the NCAA would add another section to the rules titled "rules for the final seconds of regulation and overtime." That would have been called a foul 95% of the time if it was the middle of the game. They call the game totally different in the final seconds and I think that is stupid. I understand maybe not calling a ticky-tack foul but that was so obvious.

Not the reason we lost by any means but I've never understood the argument "you can't make that call there". If it's a foul, call it no matter what time of game it is.

"Not the reason we lost"????? I'll take my chances with Austin making 1 of 2 FT's with no time left on the clock.

I feel bad for Mav. Elbow to the ear, gotta suck.

I don't understand how there was no call on that one....? Isn't that one of their point of emphasis deals? Whatever....

Shot to Welch

Do you also recall with under 3 minutes to play Welch drove the lane and was clocked by an Illinois big man who knocked JW flat on his back on the floor? Wlech had the wind knocked out of him. Recall that JW took extra time before going to to the line and the 88 percent shooter missed both (if I recall correctly) FT. Welch never looked the same the rest of the game.

The point is: this is Big Ten physical play and Hightower's crew really let them play, largely to the advantage of Illinois. Will MN see a similar advantage at home? I can't imagine the Illini getting away with such physical play at Williams Arena. This is what another astute obserber called the Assembly Hall 7 point advantage.

Top Bottom