a silly take on over-reactive threads we see after games like tonight

supadupafly

Reaction score
oh my God, michigan state only beat lehigh by 9! oh my God, michigan only beat bradley by 11! oh my God, pitt lost to wagner! oh my God, louisville only beat western kentucky by 10! oh my God, uconn only beat fairfield by 8! the sky is falling, the sky is falling. it is all over! they all might as well forfeit the rest of their season just like some foolish posters here have suggested we should. SEE HOW STUPID I SOUND?!?! :rolleyes:

True true. Bottom line: 12-1.

Playing lousy teams. That was a terrible performance last night. This team is going to get destroyed in conference play.

Playing lousy teams. That was a terrible performance last night. This team is going to get destroyed in conference play.

The point is every team has lousy performances, most have more than one, especially against competition they know they should beat. It happens.

oh my God, michigan state only be lehigh by 9! oh my God, michigan only beat bradley by 11! oh my God, uconn only beat fairfield by 8! the sky is falling, the sky is falling. they might as well both mail the rest of the season in just like some have suggested we should. SEE HOW STUPID I SOUND?!?! :rolleyes:

Yes

Then don't watch. Why do you waste your time coming on a message board to post crap like this? You must be unemployed and have no social life.

Didn't see the game, but caught the last few minutes on the radio. Anyway, I think everyone saw this coming. A highly-motivated opponent (with a chip on its shoulder the size of a small boulder) and a nine-day layoff. I expected something close, but it's in the W column and that's what matters most.

I could be wrong, but if everyone else remains healthy, I think we can surprise some folks in the B1G. Unlike a few of Tubby's editions, I think this team has room for growth and could easily get better as the season wears on.

That's too many "Oh my Gods" right before Christmas.

I could be wrong, but if everyone else remains healthy, I think we can surprise some folks in the B1G. Unlike a few of Tubby's editions, I think this team has room for growth and could easily get better as the season wears on.

Agree. Still some big questions like turnovers, rebounding, Mo Walker's status, and how will Rodney fare in Big Ten play at power forward. But I do think we'll get better as the season goes on because we have so many young guards and the team is still adjusting to no Trevor. With the way the league looks, I really think we have a chance to beat everybody except OS at least once. Really need to avoid any losses to Iowa, Penn State, and Nebraska.

Gophers will be fine. They are allowed to have a terrible game every now and again. Initially, it was frustrating and a little annoying to see them lay an egg like that but they won and that's all that matters. A sloppy performance against Illinois, though, will mean a 25 point loss.

Gophers will be fine. They are allowed to have a terrible game every now and again. Initially, it was frustrating and a little annoying to see them lay an egg like that but they won and that's all that matters. A sloppy performance against Illinois, though, will mean a 25 point loss.

And a sloppy performance by Illinois, though, will mean a 25 point win.

Let's let the games play out.

Top Bottom