RPI Update

howeda7

Reaction score
Not to steal SS's thunder, but I see the Gophers are up to #18 in the RPI, and now have 2 Top 50 wins (Indiana St #14 and VT #43.) Dayton is #27, so not a bad loss. Fairfield and SDSU are both in the top 100 for now, #63 and #87.

Surely Fairfield and SDSU will not stay in the top 100, but is there a chance Indiana State and Dayton stay top 50?

Howeda, great minds think alike. Just a little while ago I submitted my next Road to Selection Sunday column, so it should be up shortly.

The topic? The Gophers' nonconference schedule not as bad as it's being made out to be, with several pieces of data from collegerpi.com. Not an opinion piece, per se, just throw out some numbers showing how the Gophers' NC sked stacks up vs. the rest of the B1G.

I think there's a good chance Fairfield stays in the top 100. SDSU, perhaps, if it can finish 1 or 2 in the Summit. The top of the Summit has some competitive teams who have played competitive schedules, especially Oakland and Oral Roberts. Bucknell certainly could end up in the top 100, also.

Myron said according to ESPN we are top 15. Either way, it's good to see our nonconference schedule look halfway decent.

MedcalfByESPN Myron Medcalf
Minnesota's schedule (see @Coach_Joe_Espo) is genius right now. No. 15 RPI, according to ESPN.com. Solid in BT and they're in.

Top Bottom