Sullinger goes out again

overpass

Reaction score
Left the game at South Carolina and likely to get x-rays on his left foot.

Buckeyes with a slim 36-35 lead after trailing at halftime. 16 minutes left.

If Sullinger were to be out for any length of time, just like that the Big Ten race becomes a free-for-all. Hope, that's not the case, though; never want to see guys get injured.

X-rays negative

Watching the Buckeyes you can see how we will really struggle to get 9-10 wins
in the BIG. NIT for the boys this year

Gee, another B10 team not afraid of playing a road game or at least an average ot above average opponent....

Agree, it will be difficult to win 9-10 in the B1G, but the good thing (assuming Sullinger is OK) is that there's only one potentially elite team (OSU), and we only play them once (at home). Also only play Purdue and Michigan once. Schedule-wise, though it hurts SOS, the Gophers got a break this season.

You're right on Selection Dude. Even without Sully, OSU looks beastly in the B1G. D. Thomas as a soph is much, much improved and poses a huge matchup problem for anyone, particularly the Gophs in Trevorless mode. He's a stud and I wouldn't be shocked (and would be pleased) if he goes pro with Sully after this season.

Need to let that go, Art. Agree that we should be playing a true road game, but you make it sound like Tubby's scheduled that way every year. This is the first time in his 5 seasons that he hasn't played a true road game. 3, 1, 1 and 1 prior to this season, and I suspect we'll have 2 next season (USC + ACC Challenge?).

SS, you need to realize that Art V. will do anything and everything to piss people off with his "poor teams we play" scenario. So please do not patronize him with comments. Thank you.

People need to realize that it is not all Tubby on who we play O of C. A lot has to do with the A.D. on who we can schedule, and when.

That is my $5,000,000.02 worth of input.

SS, you need to realize that Art V. will do anything and everything to piss people off with his "poor teams we play" scenario. So please do not patronize him with comments. Thank you.

People need to realize that it is not all Tubby on who we play O of C. A lot has to do with the A.D. on who we can schedule, and when.

That is my $5,000,000.02 worth of input.

Are you a moderator now, Doc? Art and I are both big boys. We're both fully capable of speaking for ourselves.

Dude....anyone who calls me Dude in person is likely to get a knuckle sandwich to go with teeth as a chaser. Calling someone "Dude" is as much of an insult that is as bad as the conversation stopper "Whatever".

Are you a moderator now, Doc? Art and I are both big boys. We're both fully capable of speaking for ourselves.

SS, so am I, so why am I not allowed to speak my piece?

BTW, you are doing a great job on the Pick for the Day threads. I wish I was as good as you on that. :)

Gee, another B10 team not afraid of playing a road game or at least an average ot above average opponent....

What part of South Carolina's 4-6 record and losses to Elon, Tennessee State, and USC makes them an average to above average opponent?

What part of South Carolina's 4-6 record and losses to Elon, Tennessee State, and USC makes them an average to above average opponent?

In fairness to South Carolina, I believe they were without Bruce Ellington for all of those losses. They only got him back after the football regular season ended, and promptly went out and beat Clemson on the road, which is something I think a bad team wouldn't be able to do. Ellington was like their best player last year. So, with Ellington, I don't think they are as bad as all their losses would indicate. They're not the cream of the crop even with Ellington, but I'd say they are a pretty average high major team at this point.

In fairness to South Carolina,... beat Clemson on the road, which is something I think a bad team wouldn't be able to do.

Clemson has home losses to college of charleston and coastal carolina. You were saying?

I remember reading an article a couple of years ago, and wish I could remember where it was. Probably in one of the Minnesota news papers.

Anyway, doesn't the AD invite these smaller schools in for home games and then offer to thelp them out with travel expenses? If that was the case, it would still be worth it due to the extra ticket and concession sales. I would guess a good chunk of the out of conference scheduling comes from a financial perspective.

They pay the teams to show up, just like every major conference team. Someone posted the eharmony equivalent of non-conference basketball dating a year or so ago.

Clemson has home losses to college of charleston and coastal carolina. You were saying?

Charleston has only one loss this season and has also beaten Tennessee; Coastal Carolina also only has one loss and also beat LSU - those are two very good mid-majors, probably similar to the level of Northwestern.

LSU lost to Southern Alabama. I know you are just trying to turn South Carolina into a quality win, but it isn't working.

LSU lost to Southern Alabama. I know you are just trying to turn South Carolina into a quality win, but it isn't working.

I didn't say quality win, just that they are like an average BCS team. LSU, Clemson and Tennessee are all BCS teams - the more BCS teams I throw out there that are in the same ballpark as South Carolina, the better the argument that they are an average BCS team. I don't think they are going to finish very high in the RPI, but they are playing better since Ellington and the point is that with him in the lineup, they are similar to an average BCS team. Most of their losses were without their best player last season - it's not really fair to them to look at them without their best player and make any definitive judgment that they're below average since they now have that player. Yeah, their losses before Ellington came back would indicate that, but their performance with Ellington is close to average for a BCS team.

Actually you keep mentioning the worst of the worst BCS teams. SC won 5 conference games last year. LSU won 3. Clemson is bad this year and Tennessee is worse.

South Carolina is bad enough that its coach (Horn) is on the hot seat. He's likely gone after this season. It's a game OSU should have won (with or without Sullinger) and did. Bottom line is the Gamecocks aren't very good and are likely to be SEC bottom-feeders.

That said, I will never argue with the Gophers (based on their history) scheduling a home-and-home with a team from one of the other 5 major conferences. It doesn't happen enough. Hopefully, series like USC (this season & next) become a common occurrence.

Top Bottom