Gopher nonconference opponents this weekend

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Several of the Gophers' nonconference foes will get tested this weekend vs. moderately good to quality opponents:

Indiana State visits Vanderbilt. (Indiana State 61, Vandy 55)

Appalachian State will take a thumping in Chapel Hill. (North Carolina 97, App State 82)

Bucknell hosts Richmond. (Bucknell 79, Richmond 65)

Hard-to-watch USC hosts Georgia.

Coming off a surprising 19-point thumping from UND, South Dakota State visits Washington on Sunday.

Trey Zeigler and CMU visit Royce White & Company on Sunday.

First result is in: Indiana State logs good road win

The Sycamores win at Vandy, 61-55.

Vanderbilt ranking

Why is this team ranked? Three losses at home; four losses overall. Stick the Gophers in there instead.

I would expect Murray State to make an appearance in the polls next week. Saint Louis would be another possibility.

I would expect Murray State to make an appearance in the polls next week. Saint Louis would be another possibility.

Murray State is already #24 in the AP this week; they'll probably be up there on the Coaches Poll come Monday as well. St. Louis would be a sneaky addition, as would San Diego State.

South Dakota State hangs a 51 on Washington in Seattle for an 18 pt half time lead.

South Dakota State 92, Washington 73
Iowa State 59, C. Michigan 52

SODAK St - that is a Shocker - Nate Wolters 40 min 34 pts

I'm still shaking my head at folks who don't think Wolters could play at the B1G level, or make light of the numbers he's putting up at SDSU. Ditto with Woodside when he was at NDSU. Both were/are very good D-I basketball players, regardless of their schools' conference affiliation.

I'm still shaking my head at folks who don't think Wolters could play at the B1G level, or make light of the numbers he's putting up at SDSU. Ditto with Woodside when he was at NDSU. Both were/are very good D-I basketball players, regardless of the conference affiliation of their schools.

Agreed. Some of the Wolters comments surrounding the SDSU game were comical.

You'd realistically have to cut Wolter's numbers in half if was going to play for the Gophers. That being said, he'd obviously be a nice player to have.

From the Barn said:
You'd realistically have to cut Wolter's numbers in half if was going to play for the Gophers. That being said, he'd obviously be a nice player to have.

Agreed. He would have needed time to develop and he'd score a lot less as he wouldn't be option number 1.

Top Bottom