Indiana will be no pushover

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
At the time I started this, IU was up 3 with two minutes and change left in the game. A victory puts them squarely in the top 15. Even if they lose, I think it just shows how much they have improved in the last 3 seasons. No longer can the Gophers chalk up an automatic win against the Hoosiers. Athletic, balanced and deep. That's a good team.

I4 with the win. They don't seem as enthusiastic as when they beat the gophers and rushed the court.

At the time I started this, IU was up 3 with two minutes and change left in the game. A victory puts them squarely in the top 15. Even if they lose, I think it just shows how much they have improved in the last 3 seasons. No longer can the Gophers chalk up an automatic win against the Hoosiers. Athletic, balanced and deep. That's a good team.

Unfortunately, we've never been able to chalk up an automatic win against the Hoosiers, at least in Assembly Hall.

What a fantastic game, and a great win for Indiana. They're a legitimate team, and I think they can contend in the B1G this year. They could be 2nd to OSU, although they may very well cool off after a while.

My biggest question, though: how does Kentucky not foul at the end? They had 2 to give.

I would have to guess it is going to be between Ohio State and Indiana to win the Big Ten. Right now I don't see anybody as good as those two, Michigan State will be tough and probably in the top 3.

After that it looks like Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan. I think Minnesota, Purdue, and Northwestern will be close to those three.

Indiana hit 7 straight threes - Seeing Tucker at the game today - I wish he could play today and be a shooter we need.

I think this thread title is the understatement of the year.

Kentucky Rivals board is just melting down. This is my favorite. Quote:

"He (Calipari) needs to win the title this year or take a hike. These end of game situations are reapeating thereselves OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER

HOW MANY DAMN GAMES ARE YOU GOING TO LOSE ON FTS AND TERRIBLE COACHING BEFORE YOU GET A CLUE??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I think this thread title is the understatement of the year.

Kentucky Rivals board is just melting down. This is my favorite. Quote:

"He (Calipari) needs to win the title this year or take a hike. These end of game situations are reapeating thereselves OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER

HOW MANY DAMN GAMES ARE YOU GOING TO LOSE ON FTS AND TERRIBLE COACHING BEFORE YOU GET A CLUE??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Lots of mistakes in crucial moments are going to happen when you're playing with a lot of young players. You pick your poison I guess. They get very talented players but have very little experience. You can see Calipari right away saying "we didn't we foul?"

It's a good win for I4, no doubt, but they went 9/15 3FG. That's not going to happen often for any team.

They beat a very young team, just barely. Good win, but that's it.

It's a good win for I4, no doubt, but they went 9/15 3FG. That's not going to happen often for any team.

They beat a very young team, just barely. Good win, but that's it.

Young or not, Kentucky was the top ranked team in the nation. I'm baffled by your last couple sentences. "Good win, but that's it." I would have to go as far as to say its a milestone win. What would you say if the Gophers beat the top team in the country....I doubt it would be simply "good"

winning rivalry games with a revved up crowd behind you is one thing eg the shaved head game against wisconsin. Way too early to jump to any conclusions for Indiana other than they'll win more than 6 B1G games this season.

Lots of mistakes in crucial moments are going to happen when you're playing with a lot of young players. You pick your poison I guess. They get very talented players but have very little experience. You can see Calipari right away saying "we didn't we foul?"

Maybe Calipari sees the expectations are too high and jumps ship to Minnesota?

Great game - fun to watch!!
So far no post from SS extolling the need for us to have top ranked opponents so we can have thins kind of hype and rush the court. So let me therefore extoll the need to have a home game against a ranked opponent giving us the opportunity to generate this kind of enthusiasm.

Disappointed that Indiana won as it only helps them get back towards the top of the Big Ten. I hope we don't look back in 2-3 years and say we missed our chance of establishing our program while Indiana was down and Illinois was slightly down. That said, the Hoosiers were very hot from 3 and needed Kentucky to make some dumb mistakes and miss free throws down the stretch. On the positive side, I do think Indiana is still a very winnable game at home and might count as something of a quality win.

Indiana is a top-20 team

This isn't their first impressive win this year. They're a very good team and should contend for the top 3 spots in the conference.

I would rather the title of a thread be...............

Minnesota Gophers will be no pushover.

I would rather the title of a thread be...............

Minnesota Gophers will be no pushover.

The NDSU board already has that thread title Dr. Don. They don't think we'll be a pushover when they play us next week.

Anyone that has followed Indiana's quality of recruitment and coaching could see that they were not going to be "pushovers" long before the kentucky game.

This isn't their first impressive win this year. They're a very good team and should contend for the top 3 spots in the conference.
I'm not buying the hype on Indiana yet. I thought the game was pretty sloppy and was more a reflection of a young Kentucky team playing its first true road game in a hostile environment than Indiana showing they are ready to contend for the conference title. Zeller is a great addition but this is still largely the same Indiana team that went 0-11 on the road last year and finished 3-15 in conference. Sure they won at NC State, but how good is NC State?

Obviously, it's a great win for Indiana and will get them into the tournament as long as they just finish .500 in the Big Ten. (And barring massive injuries, I can't see them being worse than 9-9 in conference.) But until I see them win a string of Big Ten road games, I will continue to be a skeptic.

I'm not buying the hype on Indiana yet. I thought the game was pretty sloppy and was more a reflection of a young Kentucky team playing its first true road game in a hostile environment than Indiana showing they are ready to contend for the conference title. Zeller is a great addition but this is still largely the same Indiana team that went 0-11 on the road last year and finished 3-15 in conference. Sure they won at NC State, but how good is NC State?

Obviously, it's a great win for Indiana and will get them into the tournament as long as they just finish .500 in the Big Ten. (And barring massive injuries, I can't see them being worse than 9-9 in conference.) But until I see them win a string of Big Ten road games, I will continue to be a skeptic.

+1

Top Bottom